• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

statutory demand from BW Legal / Lowell / lloyds WON!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statutory demand from BW Legal / Lowell / lloyds WON!!!!

I received a Statutory Demand from BW Legal / Lowell on 30th September.
    This relates to a Lloyds bank credit card when I was in financial difficulties due to illness in 2008.(Still ongoing)
    The account was disputed with Lloyds re PPI and charges etc.
    It has been passed to many different debt collectors in the past 4 years, all of which I have informed the account amount was disputed with Lloyds.use

What should or can I use as my defense to get the statutory demand set aside ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: statutory demand from BW Legal/Lowell/lloyds

Originally posted by MrsJ View Post
    This relates to a Lloyds bank credit card when I was in financial difficulties due to illness in 2008.(Still ongoing)
    It has been passed to many different debt collectors in the past 4 years, all of which I have informed the account amount was disputed with Lloyds.use

What should or can I use as my defense to get the statutory demand set aside
    I'll flag this up for Celestine who is not only the site owner but works for a law firm. She specializes in getting shot of SDs particularly Lowells. She's had over 20 straight wins recently

Comment

To help Celestine with this, could you please answer a few questions:
      • Did you ever send a CCA request to Lloyds or any of the DCAs involved? If so, what was their response?
      • Did Lloyds issue a default notice (DN) when you stopped making minimum payments?
      • Have you got a notice of assignment saying the debt has been sold to Lowell?

Celestine's track record setting aside Lowell's SDs is second to none so you are in safe hands.

Comment

This relates to a Lloyds bank credit card when I was in financial difficulties due to illness in 2008.The account was disputed with Lloyds re PPI and charges etc.
        When was this credit card account opened (before April 2007 or after?). Have you ever sent a section 78 request to Lloyds or any of their DCAs to obtain a copy of your original agreement? I note you had PPI on this account so if the bank did respond to a s.78 request they would also have to supply full details of the PPI element of the contract under s.18 (?) and this is where they can sometimes fail to comply

Post up as much detail as you can about this debt.

Read this to make you feel better while you wait for Celestine to get in touch. I've sent her a message

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...864#post350864

Comment

Mrs J - Welcome to LB

I would be delighted to assist with your statutory demand from Lowell Portfolio.

Please answer the Q's above regarding the s.78 request, default notice and assignment.

If you haven't already sent a s.78 request.....you should do so IMMEDIATELY.

Please also scan a copy of the stat demand and email to me at katebriscoe@howlettclarke.co.uk

Please also provide full contact details so that I can give you a call to discuss the way forward with this case.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by celestine View Post
            If you haven't already sent a s.78 request.....you should do so IMMEDIATELY.
            For convenience, a CCA request letter can be found here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...965#post365965

Comment

Thought I posted at lunch time but its disappeared.

So a BIG Thank you for your prompt responses.
              Sorting through the mound of paperwork at the moment.
              I received 2 letters in one envelope dated 8th July 2013 one from Lloyds saying sold to Lowell on 24/6/13 and the other Introducing Lowell with the balance and statement from 7/7/13 on the back.

Is it normal for exactly the same paper with lettering on side from 2 different companies to be used ? Or is Lowell allowed to send on behalf of both ?

will scan copy of demand to Celestine asap.

Thank you

Comment

Is it normal for exactly the same paper with lettering on side from 2 different companies to be used ? Or is Lowell allowed to send on behalf of both ?
                Yes it's quite normal. As I understand it the legal obligation is for you to be made aware of the change of ownership and the amount owed and to whom it should be paid. You will get a *Goodbye* letter from the outgoing creditor and a *Hello* letter from the debt purchaser. As long as the correct information is contained in these letters it really doesn't matter on what headed notepaper you get this information or whether it comes in the same envelope (which it usually does) .
                Last edited by PlanB; 10th October 2013, 20:41:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just escaped out of the understairs cupboard !!!

Requested info from Lloyds Sept 2008
                  Sent non compliance letter December 2008 again s 78 request.
                  Have not found agreement so dont think they complied.
                  Found default notice dated September 2008.

Thank you

Comment

Good to see you've found the papers, I would say send them to Cel at her email address above.

Comment

Re: statutory demand from BW Legal / Lowell / lloyds

Will do.

Comment

CCA request posted yesterday :tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Celestine STRIKES AGAIN SET ASIDE

To anyone in the same situation as me with a Statutory Demand
                          please do not hesitate to contact Kate for assistance.

I cant thank her enough for the way she has dealt with me in my situation.
                          It was like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders when Kate took on my case,chatted on the phone and put me at ease.

A big THANK YOU to Kate and everyone on this site for the encouragement given to fight back.

One down a few more to go !!!
                          Last edited by MrsJ; 17th October 2013, 19:37:PM. Reason: add info

Comment

How can I edit the heading to include

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X