• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Costs against H.M.R.C.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs against H.M.R.C.

Hello, The inland revenue made me bankrupt in 2008, I had notified them that they were incorrect before any court case took place however they in there wisdom took no notice of anything I said and ignored me I thought that the courts would see that there was a problem with the figures from our beloved H.M.R.C. but they seem to either be blind or are in the revenues pocket, and what the revenue want they get, anyway I put my case to the adjudicators office and after some two and a half years found that H.M.R.C. were indeed wrong, I was asked by H.M.R.C. if they could apply for an annulment hearing which they did and this was granted in august 2012 some 4 years after I was made bankrupt. In the annulment hearing I was not awarded costs but the judge said that he thought that the revenue should make a payment they have not in there statement to the court H.M.R.C, made a statement in writing saying "That on realising that they were wrong they should do whatever they can to put me in the position I would have been had the order had not been made including paying the trustee in bankruptcy`s cost". I was evicted out of my house by the trustee and a week later given it back however it did take nearly a month to get the keys back. My question if anybody could answer it is do the revenue owe me for my costs and any compensation, and would a court up hold the statement as I have stated. to be completely honest I have not got any faith in a solicitor they only seem to want to rack up a bill then run away from H.M.R.C. Many Thanks for any advise that can be given
    Tags: None

Re: Costs against H.M.R.C.

From what you have said (and you will forgive me I hope if I point out the obvious that this may not be a complete statement of the case) you should at least be entitled to your costs - how much do you calculate they are?

What has been happening for the last three years? Have you formally asked HMRC to pay them? If not, this is the first step.

If they refuse, then one possible way forward is to go to your MP - they can sometimes be of assistance in resolving unreasonable behaviour by HMRC.

Comment

Re: Costs against H.M.R.C.

Hello. And thanks for taking the time to reply to this, as you stated this is not a full statement of my case regarding HMRC a somewhat short version as it would take about `10 pages to write, the "Trustee in Bankruptcy`s" cost paid by HMRC were in the region of £185,000 and I have with others help calculated my cost of £157.438.00p to date I have spoken to my M.P. who put the case to the "Ombudsman" who after some 4 months said that I was out of time and should have gone to them within 12 months of the case, however I was not told this by anyone including the "Adjudicator" and my M.P., I was under the impression that the statement made by HMRC in the annulment case meant what it said that they should do whatever they could to put me in the position I would have been had the case not been brought. Thanks once again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X