• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Negotiations with Bankruptcy trustee regarding fees and Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiations with Bankruptcy trustee regarding fees and Charges

Could anyone kindly advise me on the best way if there is one to negotiate with your trustee regarding a possible payment plan and charges.
    The trustee now in my case is the biggest single creditor with all his fees and charges. I have made a proposal to them however they are say we have to sell our home in order to pay the creditors.
    When I look at the figures the Trustee is now the biggest single creditor in just over the year 16 months to be exact.
    We have looked at what it would cost to rent to stay in our area due to schools for our children and it would be worth offering to pay more per month to the trustee than rent. Their is equity in the property, not a huge amount after the trustee and creditors would be paid however enough to build on if we could pay over a period of 3-5 years to clear all the debts including the trustee's costs.
    Can we ask for this to be considered and the Interest frozen as this all seems counter productive in us trying to get out of this mess. The costs so far by the trustee are about £45,000 the creditors debts are £70,000 Thank you for any help if possible.
    Tags: None

Re: Negotiations with Bankruptcy trustee regarding fees and Charges

this all seems counter productive in us trying to get out of this mess
    That would be because the aim isn't to get you out of the mess, it's to get your creditors repaid. The trustee costs are very high, but then they often are. It may be possible to challenge them but I am afraid the practical answer may be to sell the house as quick as possible. This won't preclude you from challenging the trustee fees but it should minimise them. I don't think your "negotiations" have much chance of success.

Comment

Re: Negotiations with Bankruptcy trustee regarding fees and Charges

Hi. Yes you can. I will post up tomorrow the regs around there charges. Some of the fees depend on how the rsst of the administration goes. If you help sell the house. Like debt camel said.

I did challange fees years ago. The more asset you have after fees. The more say u get.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X