• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory Demand from BW legal/Lowell Group - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory Demand from BW legal/Lowell Group - HELP!

I received a statutory demand from BWlegal in February 2013 that was posted through my door. They said in the letter that they had tried to serve the demand on a few occasions but I was not in so they pushed it through my door.

Based on the advice I read on this forum I decided to try and have it set aside based on the following reasons:

1. The claimant had failed to provide a copy of the original agreement.
    2. The claimant had failed to provide copies of any valid default notices.
    3. The claimant had failed to serve a Notice of Assignment.
    4. The claimant had failed to provide any statements for the duration of the disputed agreement.

I also sent a CPR 31.14 Request to BWLegal, SAR to MBNA and a CCA to The Lowell Group.
    I attended court in March and the Judge decided to allow BWlegal a further 28 days to get the paper work together to assist in their case.

The 28 days went by and BWLegal had not provided the court or me with the paper work ( any of the 4 points above). I sent a letter to the court making them aware that BWlegal had failed to comply with the order and requested the matter to be set aside. A week later I got a letter from the court stating that BWLegal had another 7 days to get the paper work over to me or the case would be closed. On the seventh day the paper work arrived with their new witness statement.

They have sent me a copy of an agreement that looks like it could be for anything, it has my name and address on it but I have not signed it and it does not say exactly what it is for. It gives financial info etc. How would I know if this is a genuine agreement and if it’s acceptable?

They have also sent what they say is a Notice of Assignment, I’m not sure if and how I know if this is a true and acceptable Notice of Assignment?

They have send several copies of letters stating that I owe them money and I can get the amount reduced if I make them an offer.

They have sent statements over a 5 year period but a lot are missing, one full years statements are missing and a few months are missing from most of the other years so it’s impossible to see how I have come to owe this exact amount as the expenditure is missing! These is also a lot of interest and late payment charges.

Please can anyone help me as I have to respond with my second witness statement this week. What should I do now?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Statutory Demand from BW legal/Lowell Group - HELP!

Hi and .to LegalBeagles,,you have definitely found the right place for help. It's a tad early atm so hold on to your hollyhocks,,help will arrive

Comment

Hello droplucky

I think you can count on help arriving during the day. There is one or two people who know a lot about with Criminowlls and the BW lot.

QCK

Comment

Have you got access to a scanner?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hello droplucky, when and how (online or a written application) did you open this MBNA account? If you're not sure can you say whether it was before April 2007.

Comment

There's one of them!!!!!

QCK

Comment

There are quite a few threads on here regarding SDs from Lowells, some using BW Legal as well, but they are in the VIP area, to keep them away from prying eyes :spy: so I can't post links to them because you wouldn't be able to access them, unless you decided to subscribe. I would strongly recommend subscribing, to be able to access the threads as well as to keep your thread away from lurkers. :spy: :spy:

If you wish to subscribe, go to settings, the third group down is 'My settings', under 'My account', the last item is paid subscriptions. Under VIP member subscription, choose one year £9 or 10 years £25. See below. :grin: Attached Thumbnails
              Cel, the site owner, :yo: restricts VIP access to those who have already posted, etc. in addition to making a donation.:thumb:

Cel has an excellent track record of setting aside Statutory Demands, :first: many of them have also been issued by Lowells the Leeds Losers, so you couldn't be in better hands! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Comment

oh yay BW Legal gotta love their enthusiasim
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by droplucky View Post
                  They have sent me a copy of an agreement that looks like it could be for anything, it has my name and address on it but I have not signed it and it does not say exactly what it is for. It gives financial info etc. How would I know if this is a genuine agreement and if it’s acceptable?

They have also sent what they say is a Notice of Assignment, I’m not sure if and how I know if this is a true and acceptable Notice of Assignment?
                  Could you scan these documents, remove all personal details and post them up? If you haven't got a scanner, you could take a picture with a digital camera or mobile phone. hoto:

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                    oh yay BW Legal gotta love their enthusiasim
                    Don't be mean, their team leader allowed one of them to play with the crayons and produce a witness statement!
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

what confuses me often is this idea that they should get an extra 28 days?

The Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations clearly states 12 working days when dealing with compliance with a debtors s78 request, yet judges willingly allow 28 days upwards.
                      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I also sent a CPR 31.14 Request to BWLegal, SAR to MBNA and a CCA to The Lowell Group.

. . . . They have sent me a copy of an agreement that looks like it could be for anything, it has my name and address on it but I have not signed it and it does not say exactly what it is for.

. . . . They have sent statements over a 5 year period but a lot are missing, one full years statements are missing and a few months are missing from most of the other years so it’s impossible to see how I have come to owe this exact amount as the expenditure is missing! These is also a lot of interest and late payment charges.
                        Did either of the documents (CCA & NOA) show up in the SAR you got from MBNA and if so do they match the documents sent to you by Lowells? Did you receive a Default Notice from MBNA at the time you defaulted on the account, and was that included in your SAR response - assuming you've had your SAR response since 40 days seem to have lapsed.

Did you have PPI on this account? You may not have ticked the box requesting it but in some cases they added it anyway. It should be clear from your statements.

Comment

Based on the advice I read on this forum I decided to try and have it set aside based on the following reasons:

1. The claimant had failed to provide a copy of the original agreement.
                          2. The claimant had failed to provide copies of any valid default notices.
                          3. The claimant had failed to serve a Notice of Assignment.
                          4. The claimant had failed to provide any statements for the duration of the disputed agreement.

I also sent a CPR 31.14 Request to BWLegal,

They have sent me a copy of an agreement . . . .

They have also sent what they say is a Notice of Assignment, . . . .
                          Did you specifically ask for the Default Notice in your CPR 31.14 request? Because if you did and they haven't provided it (it's not included in your list of things received in your first post) then they haven't complied with that court order yet have they? They may have run out of time too

Comment

I received a statutory demand from BWlegal in February 2013 . . .

. . .
                            Please can anyone help me as I have to respond with my second witness statement this week. What should I do now?
                            I hope the OP comes back soon because time is running out to help wth this SD :clock:

Comment

Please can anyone help me as I have to respond with my second witness statement this week.
                              When exactly is the deadline?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X