• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory Demand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory Demand

Hi all,

In March 2019 I signed co-signed x2 personal guarantees as a director of a company as I was sold a dream business by the previous owner and the insolvency practitioner. One for a differed consideration and the other for asset finance. The business was pheonixed as a pre-pack administration. The information given at the time was promising and demonstrated that the business was viable.

After some internal conflict with the previous owner my business partner and I discovered that the prepacked company was undermined by fraud by the previous owner (which is currently under investigation) which was not detected or raised by the insolvency / pre-pack practitioner (Leonard Curtis) so I question their due diligence.

Due to the extent of the fraud the customer and supplier base was eroded significantly and in September 2019 my business partner and I had no choice but to liquidate the company as it was not viable.

On 13.05.2020 I received a statutory demand from Leonard Curtis for £9000 (differed consideration) which was delivered by hand.

To date I have not received any correspondence regarding the second personal guarantee which sits in the region of £25,000 shortfall.

I am now currently unemployed lodging with my girlfriend, I have no property or assets of any value and have no cash at bank, which I have explained to the creditor. I have also sent them an income and expenditure form as they requested. They have since advised me to take legal action as they plan to proceed with a bankruptcy petition.

I am seeking advice if anyone can help?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X