• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita bailiffs Urgent help required!! please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equita bailiffs Urgent help required!! please

thanks amy ... let the fun begin!! i shall write them a letter about the charges and get the ball rolling on the card charge .. thank you!! (((big hugs)))

Comment

Same to you Archer, any problems let us know xx

Comment

i received a ltter off equita today .. and im quite suprised as to their easy roll over!
        they said they had looked for the paperwork relating to my charges but cannot find it.... (surprise surprise) and they are sending a cheque out for the charges £156 and some pence.... lol was expecting them to cause problems ,as thats what they usually do..
        thanks to everyone for their help...
        just have to fight with new bailiffs that have it now Jacobs. they wanted proof of benefits and i sent it and they said it wasnt sufficient proof.... just waiting to hear a reply off them again

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        spoke to the bank and she said i cant claim for the charge back as its like a 2% charge (whatever that is)
        she did say at first that she had never heard of the chargeback form... so not sure what to do now?
        Last edited by archer_66; 18th June 2009, 13:17:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by archer_66 View Post
          i received a ltter off equita today .. and im quite suprised as to their easy roll over!
          they said they had looked for the paperwork relating to my charges but cannot find it.... (surprise surprise) and they are sending a cheque out for the charges £156 and some pence.... lol was expecting them to cause problems ,as thats what they usually do..
          thanks to everyone for their help...
          just have to fight with new bailiffs that have it now Jacobs. they wanted proof of benefits and i sent it and they said it wasnt sufficient proof.... just waiting to hear a reply off them again

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          spoke to the bank and she said i cant claim for the charge back as its like a 2% charge (whatever that is)
          she did say at first that she had never heard of the chargeback form... so not sure what to do now?
          People do roll over rather easily once caught in the commission of a criminal act - just look at all the MP's resigning.

Regarding the bank - what part of "...Do not elaborate if they ask you why you want one" was not clear?

You are not claiming anything back from the bank but you wish to take advantage of Visa Chargeback. This is a process that allows you to reverse a transaction if you are unhappy with the item received or if your Visa debit card has been used fraudulently, which we have already established is the case for you.

Chargeback is part of the Visa Scheme Rules, which participating banks subscribe to. It applies to all Visa debit cards and also covers prepaid Visa cards and Visa Electron purchases.

Although your claim must be addressed to the bank that provides your Visa debit card , they will in turn put in a request to the merchant’s bank, in your case, the merchant is the bailiff. The British Bankers' Association (BBA) said in a statement that: "Banks make every effort to keep their staff informed but unfortunately sometimes people get things wrong" and I would suggest that in your case, you should ask to speak to a supervisor, because the person you spoke to has not been properly trained.

You are not claiming back any charges, you are making an allegation of fraud against the merchant, in this case a bailiff firm, in that they have charged you fees that are not prescribed in law. You will not simply recover the 2% that you have been charged for paying with a card, but the full sum that you paid, every penny, because the bailiffs are not allowed to charge these fees.

Telephone the bank again and ask for a Visa Chargeback form. If the person you speak to does not know what that is, ask to speak to a supervisor and then repeat your request for a Visa Chargeback form. Do not enter into any other discussions with them, you need them to post you that form, that is all.

Comment

thanks cetelco ... i will phone tomorrow :s

Comment

oh dear i think i am so frustrated... the lady i spoke to knew about the visa charageback a bit more than the last one but i have to put it in writing to their vise disputes dept in skelmersdale with the information ...... i think to be honest its the only way im going to get anywhere .... so ill send them a letter with the info off post #45 and the photocopy of the statement sent by equita...
              oh by the way ... that chq came this morning :O

Comment

ive spent the last couple of weeks sending proof of benefits and income to jacobs and filling out expenditure forms... today however theyve sent me a letter saying they will not accept my offer of £20 but instead want £60 with the first payment being due next week
                now for me this amount is impossible to get especially in a week... what can i do about it? if anything? i clearly showed on my expenditure that i could only afford the £20 per month and i was paying this to equita til they messed up..........

Comment

toady i had a letter finally off the Co-op bank. they have said that they do not have a chrgeback form to fill in as such as all cases are different and have asked me to send a letter back giving as much detail as possible about the dispute......
                  whats the best way to put it?
                  Jacobs letter the other day has stated charges to pay as well cheeky beggars

Comment

OK Archer I will say this once and once only lol
                    Some banks say they've never heard of Chargeback: don't listen to them - Legal Beagles
                    Read that and digest.
                    You take a copy of that info and a copy of the statement showing the £20 and the £1 fee.
                    You tell lady/gent in the bank that this £1 has been taken fraudulently from your account and you are demanding it back through the Chargeback scheme mentioned in the info I have just shown you.
                    Enaid x
                    Ps I hope your ok xx
                    Last edited by enaid; 10th July 2009, 12:53:PM.

Comment

I don't think it's any of their business what the dispute is about, is it? Quite simply, you want a chargeback and that's that. I'm sure there is a link somewhere but I'm not very good at them. Perhaps someone will come along soon with it.......
                      Tbh Archer, stop letting the bank push you around, it's not their money, its yours, its you with the probs with the bailiffs and its no business of the banks, they do not have to know any details if you don't want to tell them.

IMO
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Links:

Here are the actual rules
                        http://www.corporate.visa.com/pd/rul...egulations.pdf

Chargebacks are in chapter 7

There is also some Rules for Merchants documentation (section 6)
                        http://usa.visa.com/download/merchan..._merchants.pdf

Comment

well finally got a call off the bank today about the chargeback...she asked me what she was supposed to do as she had no idea!!!
                          ive wrote a letter today to them explaining as best i can but i think ill print off those documents and send them too, cos ive had a charge put on another payment to jacobs bailiffs and i wouldnt mind some money back ....
                          she even said on the phone its with regards to my letter in june!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X