• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rundles!!!! as usual

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rundles!!!! as usual

Ok where to start received letter Dec 2014 from rundles with regards to council tax debt with Guildford Borough council Bailiff Mr Evans, rang him to a range to make payment said could pay end Jan in full he agreed any way. Was glad he was not going to visit. Well came end of Jan I rang their office explained I could pay 300, but the other payments would be later so they said fine so took payment and agreed plan first payment on 16th Feb 2015, second and final one on 4th March 2015. Well that was yesterday. Anyway took my son for taster day at Gloucester university. Left before 7am got ho.e at 3.30pm give or take few mins I knew I had to pay rundles but as it was not end of the day, thought be nice to have a cuppa. Anyway within. 5 mins of getting home bundles is knocking on my door, saying I owe 139.36 I say no only owe 29.36 he says payment is late I say how as not end of agreed day he says well you owe it because I'm here. I say no so Mr Evans of rundles decides he is going to force his way in my house he makes several attempts to get passed my husband who is disabled, to gain entry even getting I. His face so his forehead touched my husband's, during this he using threatening language. Managed to get door shut and locked, Mr Evans still trying to get in. So I rang police , they said they would send over a officer. While waiting I ring rundles office to complain and pay the final payment which they accept. With no mention of any fees. Police arrived after 3 hours police get him to leave, or so they think. During this time I had rung the council and spoken to a Mr s mynott who funnily enough knew what was going on because Evans had rung him. He even knew debt was paid because Evans had told him, Evans of course denied knowledge debt was clear. So police leave, Evan drives away, but as soon as police disappear. He reversed back over our drive blocking us in, he then spent 15 mins in his car. Got out took of his jacket and walked to my front door I opened it a crack and told him to go away so he thrust a peace of paper at me. This is what I should have been handed before the Police arrived. Anyway he then threatens too take the car and gave us 6 days. My hubby told him he can't have the car as it is a motability. And doesn't belong to us. Evans words were I can take what ever I want we said you can't take car Evans said if I f####ing want to I. Can take what I want and no one can stop me. My hubby laughed at him and told him not to. Be a idiot and go away. Evans then says come on big boy have ago if you think your hard enough Evans kept goading my husband who told me to ring the police again. My husband shut door on Evans saying you will not take the car. With Evans still saying he will. He then got in his car and sped of. I was on phon e to police who said they will take this further as he had returned when police had told him to leave, My husband rang rundles office and complained I think k they are a bit shocked by what has happened, as we have pressed charges. The council know. As they both want a email for complaints, I have given statement to police. Yet I still have the threat of him returning for the 110 fees for removal of goods even though he should not have been there and have the fear he will take the car, I have dealt with Evans before and he has even threatened my son. In the past 2 years this man has had nearly 2000 in council tax debt from me even though the council have not received that much so they say. I want this man to take the car. Because he will then have to deal with a theft conviction. But I'm still worried he will return when my hubby is out. My hubby is registered disabled. I have had spinal surgery that failed so have constant pain and I'm undergoing cancer treatment. If this is how rundles has treated me what else are they capable of.......now we have to wait for this to go to court.
    Last edited by sxgirlie70; 5th March 2015, 23:06:PM. Reason: stupid tablet didnt like certain words
    Tags: None

Re: rundles!!!! as usual

ts late at night the Beagles who can help may be offline if you have no answers by the morning repost help e will be along

Comment

Put a Formal Complaint in writing to the Council CEO, email first followed by a hard copy preferably handed in and signed for. Copy the Elected Council Leader and your local Councillor with the Head of Revenues into the complaint along with your MP.

Make sure it is marked clearly as a Formal complaint, also point them to this thread..

As Wales says other Beagles will be along so sit tight and try not to worry. It would be good if you could break your post up into paragraphs to make it easier to read and digest.

Many people lose the will to live trying to decipher a large unbroken block of text like that and giive up without reading or understanding the problem fully

Comment

Having had fun with rundles in the past,( i had them claim they had a signed walking possesion agreement for 3 items, 2 of which didn't even exsit, which the agent had seen over my shoulder when i opened the door to step outside(thankfully my final payment to these idiots is up this month)

i second the advice given, complain to the CEO of the council, head of revenue, get your local MP involed as well. Rundles agents are bully boys , for a start the agent is in breach of Paragraph 77 of theTaking Control of Goods: National Standards 2014. let alone paragraphs 19,20,21,

19. Enforcement agents must act within the law at all times, including all legislation and observe all health and safety requirements in carrying out enforcement. They must maintain strict client confidentiality and comply with Data Protection legislation and, where appropriate, the Freedom of Information Act.

Enforcement agents must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their powers, qualifications, capacities, experience or abilities, including, but not restricted to;
          1. Falsely implying or stating that action can or will be taken when legally it cannot be taken by that agent
          2. Falsely implying or stating that a particular course of action will ensue before it is possible to know whether such action would be permissible
          3. Falsely implying or stating that action has been taken when it has not
          4. Falsely implying or stating that a debtor refusing entry to a property is classed as an offence.

21: Enforcement agents must not act in a threatening manner when visiting the debtor by making gestures or taking actions which could reasonably be construed as suggesting harm or risk of harm to debtors, their families, appointed third parties or property

your CEO email address is sue.sturgeon@guildford.gov.uk and your local MP is Anne Milton get the email to them both asap explaining everything in clear and conise terms, copy in rundles to the email and let them deal with it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X