• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliff First Ive heard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliff First Ive heard

Okay, I suffer with depression and have done for many years.
    I am vulnerable and I have in the past attempted suicide.
    I get home today to a letter from Collectica.
    I am told in this NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL FEES, that they have been in possesion of a distress warrant for 14 days.
    Informing enforcement process is about to commence.

I dont know what this is
    I have never been to court
    I have had no paperwork
    This is the first I have received today

I called the guy at collectica who was very rude and told me he did not have any details of the debt and i needed to get intouch with court
    I am severely distresed.
    Does anyone kno my rights and what 'i should do
    Tags: None

Re: Baliff First Ive heard

i think you need to make the bailiffs aware that you are a vulnerable person / household , they are supposed to abide by their code of practice which takes account of such things and might mean they do not proceed

familiarise yourself with what NOT to do if and when they call at your home
    most importantly
    dont let them in
    dont accept any paperwork or sign anything

they should be able to tell you who the company , person or organisation is that they are acting for

also look at n244 application to set aside if this is gonna help you

Comment

Re: Baliff First Ive heard

Hello Conc and welcome to the forum.

If the paperwork left by collectica says that they have a distress warrant that means that at some point or other you were convicted by a Magistrates Court.

Collectica must tell you which Court, what the offence was and when you were convicted. Upon request they must also give you the Court reference number so that you can verify with the Court that a Distress Warrant has been issued.

If in your opinion the conviction was unsafe then you can apply for the warrant to be put on hold as you prepare a statutory declaration at court.

As far as vulnerability goes, unless you are on incapacity benefit and your long term illness prevents you to work is not an option.

If the illness is managed and you are able to work then you will be expected to pay for the warrant, be it in stages.

But a little bit more information, after you get the reply from the bailiff would help us to help you.
      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X