• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help plz marstons balliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plz marstons balliffs

​right so this morning knock on the door hubby answers it and its a bailiff from mars tons asking for me hubby panics says i don't live there silly i know so he leaves a letter open it and its a court writ for a debt off £500 off cap quest and now its gone to court and its jumped to £1000 nearly £300 bailiff costs so i ring mars tons and the man says i can pay in 9 or 12 instalments but i have to speak to the bailiff first so i ring the bailiff and straight away he is rude and aggressive i say i am willing to pay but in installemnts he laughs and says no he says so were are you living i say im not telling you and he says its fine we will find you and if you can not be bothered to help me i won't help you so i say to him there no need to be so rude he goes your rude its your debt so i say i can not afford it all at once and he goes well you gotta pay me £300 by friday and then £200 each month till its paid i said i have not got that kind of money and he tells me to find it firstly i had no letter stating a debt was going to court and second i rang mars tons to complain about this vile horrid man and they are not interested there words are ring the bailiff back and sort it out with him i have 5 children 2 with disabilities i myself also have mental health problems i really don't know what to do im worried sick about this i do not want that man in my house and how can he demand an amount and i have to pay it any help would be gratefully accepted

Re: Help plz marstons balliffs

Marstons are acting as HCEO here by the look of things, and Capquest must have obtained a default judgmernt, asdded fees to take the debt above the magic £600 then sent in Marstons. You could apply to the court for a Stay of execution against Sharkstons on Form n244 one of the grounds can be you cannot afford the HCEO fees, then apply to the court for a Variation order to set an affordable paymernt I would send proof of the vuolnerability to Masrstons and Capquest. Other Beagles will be along soon to help further. Of the two applications to the court the Stay is the most important as it stops Marstons in their tracks for now.

Comment

thank you for reply

Comment

is it right i can go to court that issued th writ and just pay the original debt of £500

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleblonde20 View Post
          is it right i can go to court that issued th writ and just pay the original debt of £500
          Not quite, you will have to apply for a Stay against Marstons and fees accrued up to the time the stay is granted are still payable I think, ploddertom will know more it will cost around £80 but there ared remissions for people on low income and benefits

Comment

Can you tell us what paperwork they have left? There may be a form number either at the top or bottom of the page. Do you have any recollection of the Creditor saying they were going to Court?

Comment

Shall I post it and no had nothing about going to court

Comment

In the high court of justice queen bench division it says on it got figures got debt and costs and there fee

Comment

There no form number

Comment

Sounds like either a Form 53 or 55 but what you've said so far gives me plenty to work with. If you look closely at it there may be something that says something like:
                    "Transferred from xxxx County Court on 31 February 22020"

If all else fails try & scan what you have and post it on here remebering to remove all personal identifiers.

Comment

I don't know how to post it

Comment

I can email it to you

Comment

No nothing about it being transferred from any court

Comment

Just read something interesting a writ can only be done if original debt is £600 or over and marstons also state this on there website my original debt is £507

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleblonde20 View Post
                              Just read something interesting a writ can only be done if original debt is £600 or over and marstons also state this on there website my original debt is £507
                              They can also add costs to the original debt, this is one of the reasons why it is so important to know what all the original paperwork says. I note what you say about trying to post details of what you have and it is better that everything is kept on the forum - protects us both from any complaints. Instead type it up verbatim on here using XXXX for any personal identifiers including name, address, postcode, Warrant or Writ Numbers etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X