• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff

Bailiff visited with the police and distress warrant although the fine was paid direct to the court last year.
    I was led to believe that once a fine is paid the warrant is finished but despite this i have a letter from the court enforcement authority saying that the warrant would not be withdrawn.
    The first letter asked for £85, i then paid the court fine but the bailiff continued with his visit and added a further £215
    i said fees are not part of the warrant, they said they are,
    warrant had no court stamp/mark and although i asked to see the proper warrant they said they did not have to show it and the police agreed with them,
    they then got someone to phone me from the court who confirmed they were giving them power to break in and the police said they would arrest me for breach of the peace if i obstructed them.
    I am sure this is all wrong but decided to pay as i could see a situation arising that would have not finished in my favour.
    I didn't realise the police worked alongside the bailiff and mistakenly thought that the law could also apply to others as well as me, seems Bailiffs are cleverer than everyone else and can write their own rules, as every bit of research i did, said bailiffs fees are not part of the distress warrant and bailiffs could not break into a property, does anyone know any different that might work in the real world not just on paper
    Last edited by EDBEATTIE; 9th January 2014, 20:48:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X