• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica distress warrant help please :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica distress warrant help please :(

i received a distress warrant on Saturday the 28th dec for an unpaid fine of having no tv licence, yet as far as I was concerned I am up to date with my payments with the courts, the warrant is for £170 I only owe £65 on the original fine as I have been paying £5 a week, sometimes I had missed a week but always paid double the following week, until at one point I had missed 3 payments (I didn't realise) but I paid it up to date but I received a further steps letter, so I rang the court and explained that I had brought the account up to date which she said was fine and I explained that I sometimes had problems due to the way we were paid , anyway I have been paying like this since july , then I receieved this distress warrant on Saturday dated the 19th of December giving me 14 days to pay the £175 , that 14 days would be up on the 2nd of January I have tried contacting them but have been informed they are closed till the 2nd of January I cant afford £170 infact its now £150 as I had been paying the court as usual the last couple of weeks as I was unaware they had sent it to the baliffs , I spoke to the court this morning stating that as far as I was aware I was up to date with my payments and now only owed £65 which he said yes you do only owe that on the fine but because they have passed it on I now have to pay the costs too, now I can clear it by the end of the month but not all in one go , I don't know what to do im panicking because I cant contact anyone till Thursday and is the 14 days from the date on the letter or from when I receive it ? its stupid sending something like that out at Christmas its obvious its not going to get to the recipient till well after christmas
    Tags: None

Re: Collectica distress warrant help please

Hi and welcome to the board.

Unfortunately once you miss just one payment by one day to the Court you are classified as a defaulter, and since the Court has written to you, when setting up the payment arrangement, and told you what would happen if you do not stick to it, there is no need for the Court to send you a further steps notice.

Now you find yourself lumbered with bailiff fees that can top £300.

My advice, steal, beg or borrow the money before you get a knock on the door and pay the balance of the fine plus the £85 compliance fee.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

I can only afford to pay it in two instalments as I don't get any more money till the 14th of jan now and I cant get it from anywhere else, the original amount was for £175 but I had made payments before I knew anything about it so its now at £140 , only thing I can do is contact them on Thursday as they are closed till then they cant take anything from me because I don't own anything of value and I am prepared to pay it

Comment

Originally posted by granty77 View Post
        I can only afford to pay it in two instalments as I don't get any more money till the 14th of jan now and I cant get it from anywhere else, the original amount was for £175 but I had made payments before I knew anything about it so its now at £140 , only thing I can do is contact them on Thursday as they are closed till then they cant take anything from me because I don't own anything of value and I am prepared to pay it
        Unless you have already tried to get hold of Collectica yesterday 2/1, do it today and offer them to pay by the 14th, hopefully they will not send an agent around.
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

HMCTS Criminal Enforcement are aware that people do not have the disposal income they had a few years ago and would rather fine defaulters paid what they owed, even if it does take a bit longer than originally envisaged. Collectica have form for making it difficult for fine defaulters who are finding it difficult to pay off their fines and trying to engineer situations whereby they can force entry and increase their fees. The last time Collectica tried this, an HMCTS Area Enforcement Team pulled the distress warrant Collectica was executing and arranged for the fine defaulter to attend a Means Hearing, as the court that imposed the fine had previously refused to hold a Means Hearing. When you realise who owns Collectica - Serco - need I say more?
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Serco, you mean Jerko? They will have some explaining to do when HMCS finally grasp the nettle of Collecticas perversion of the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              Serco, you mean Jerko? They will have some explaining to do when HMCS finally grasp the nettle of Collecticas perversion of the rules.
              At how many minutes before the complete glaciation of Hell do you suppose that might happen?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                At how many minutes before the complete glaciation of Hell do you suppose that might happen?
                Probably at o.oooooooooo1 seconds before. They seem to have a charmed life these government contractors, what with dead villains on tag, perhaps G4S are going to appoint Derek Acorah, and Kreed Kafer to supervise them; and Serco will appoint Fred karno to run Collectica

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                  HMCTS are quick to learn about Collectica. Their action in the case of an LB member who was having trouble with them was impressive. The fraud relating to the tagging contract has lost Serco the chance to tender for any further MoJ contracts. However, I have no doubt that once two and two are put together and it is found it equals four, Collectica may well be bidding farewell to their lucrative HMCTS contract.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X