• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliff attendance for uninsured car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliff attendance for uninsured car

This morning at 06.10 am a baliff from Marston came to our home demanding £625 for keeping a car with no insurance me and my husband have no idea about this he stated that he hand posted a letter on the 11th Nov which me or my husband have not seen.... And cut a long story short he said he want the money there and then or he was ringing the removal can to come take or goods then he said if he could not take or good he would have my husband arrested this is the 1st we have heard bout the matter and if payment is not made he is returning tonight after 7pm to remove property ........ The other factor is I asked for details off him of who to contact to find out about this fine and what car it was for ect and he refused to give it me also the house we live in is my father in laws and every thing in it he owns a part from are kids belongings what do we do we don't have £625 to pay them feeling very stuck n stressed out :,(
    Tags: None

Re: Baliff attendance for uninsured car

Do you have an uninsured car?

Comment

No they said it's from a while ago but won't tell us what car it was ect I change my cars quite a lot as I only but older ones as I use them for the horses so we are really confused we always have insurance

Comment

Don't even know what court has issued this just say HMCTS

Comment

Others will advice better than I can but you need to find out what car and when the alleged offence occurred? and who took the action as for Bailiffs they cant get your husband arrested without some evidence the police don't arrest on the say so of a bailiff,
          Were you or a family member ever stopped by the police?

Comment

Nope never been stopped ever how do I find out when it was or what car all he said was keeping an uninsured car :/

Comment

The bailiff is obliged to provide you with relevant details, as are Marstons. Contact your local Magistrates Court and see if they can shed any light on the matter. If you draw a blank there, come back onto this thread and the email for the appropriate HMCTS Area Enforcement Team will be provided so you can pursue this further.

Offences relating to uninsured vehicles will either be a police force or DVLA, the latter being well-practised in the art of bungling incompetence.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Ok will call them the bailiff told us the courts won't deal with us now though is that true none of us have been stopped by police for no insurance because we have always had it we had no idea about this at all so stressed out

Comment

So no joy there

Comment

Originally posted by Shell31 View Post
                    So no joy there
                    Are you saying that Marstons and their bailiff are refusing to provide you with relevant details? If this is the case, please advise which county you reside in and I will dig out the email address for your local HMCTS Area Enforcement Team. Normally, you should go through the court that issued the Distress Warrant before approaching the Area Enforcement Team, but, clearly, Marstons want to play silly buggers. Okay. If they want to play it that way, so be it.

Comment

Yes they stated that there not always passed on that information n that we have to pay. 7pm or there removing goods x am in Barnsley South Yorkshire

Comment

No they said it's from a while ago but won't tell us what car it was ect I change my cars quite a lot as I only but older ones as I use them for the horses so we are really confused we always have insurance
                        The bit in red is intriguing - are you saying that you use old (no longer roadworthy?) cars on private land for horse related purposes? Transport? Storage?

Comment

Yes they stated that there not always passed on that information n that we have to pay. 7pm or there removing goods x am in Barnsley South Yorkshire
                          There does not appear to be an Area Enforcement Team that covers South Yorkshire. Therefore, use the email address for the team for North & West Yorshire which is WY-cec@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk.

In the subject box, write "For Attention of Senior Enforcement Manager or Service Delivery Manager". Quote HMCTS references, if available and give as much detail as possible. Make sure you quote a contact telephone number. Explain you cannot find a contact for South Yorkshire. If they have one, ask them for the email address. HMCTS Area Enforcement Teams are, on the whole, very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Bailiffs lie like other people breathe - sixteen times a minute until they die. Follow the advice given by Bluebottle.

Comment

No my cars r all road worthily and legal I mean I buy older cars because I tend to wreck em with towing horses and with the mud n dirt hay n straw ect plus I can not afford to go out n buy a new ish 4x4 which I need for where I live x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X