• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bully boy bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bully boy bailiffs

hello all. my home is under attack from bailiffs. even though my son has paid 14 pcn's in the last year, one ticket did not reach him, nor did the notice to owner. now collect services ltd are demanding £410.34 [random amount]. the house is mine not his , so am i right in thinking i can call the police if they try to force entry ?? they have also threatened in writing to gain legal entry even in my absence. surely that threat must be illegal ?
    Tags: None

Re: bully boy bailiffs

Hello Michael Porter and to Legal Beagles!

There are members here who know a great deal about bailiff issues and no doubt one will be along shortly to help you x

Comment

Originally posted by michael porter View Post
      hello all. my home is under attack from bailiffs. even though my son has paid 14 pcn's in the last year, one ticket did not reach him, nor did the notice to owner. now collect services ltd are demanding £410.34 [random amount]. the house is mine not his , so am i right in thinking i can call the police if they try to force entry ?? they have also threatened in writing to gain legal entry even in my absence. surely that threat must be illegal ?
      Can you tell us some more about this? The threat of removing goods in your absence is quite ambiguous as they fail to say that it usually just applies to any goods of value outside. I'll ask your thread is moved to the Bailiff Forum.

Comment

Moved into Bailiffs Forum as requested
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

They cannot force entry unless they have an order, signed in ink, by a judge or have previously gained peaceable entry on a previous occasion and have a valid and lawful levy. Without either of the foregoing, the bailiffs are stuffed. Also, threatening to break the locks on your home is illegal, as is entering your home without lawful authority. Although bailiffs make such threats in an attempt to intimidate people into paying, strictly speaking, they are treading on dangerous ground, in the legal sense, if they do not have lawful authority.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Are these Council PCN, if so the bailiff cannot force entry, even under the Domestic Crimes and Violence Act, as they are not criminal.

What bailiff company is this, please?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              Are these Council PCN, if so the bailiff cannot force entry, even under the Domestic Crimes and Violence Act, as they are not criminal.

What bailiff company is this, please?
              Collect Services, BB.

Comment

Your son needs to complete a Statutory Declaration Out of Time.

The link below gives you details of the process. It won't get rid of the fine, but it will take it back to a point where the 50% discount still applies.

Have a read of this and your son should be able to get things resolved:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

Sorry labman,

The subject of Out of Time applications is pretty complicated and is a subject that has been of GREAT interest to me personally for at least 6 years!!!

The local authorities do NOT understand these applications and sadly reject so many without even looking at them!!! Shocking but true.

It is not made easier with some other forums stating that filing such an application will revoke the warrant. NO !!! This is NOT TRUE!!!

IF...and only IF the application is accepted will the PCN be rewound to the NtO stage. When I started assisting people with such applications back in 2006/7 approx 70% were accepted and the warrant revoked.

It is sadly the case that many people do not understand how to complete the form....and some less reputable websites routinely advise debtors to complete the forms ( despite not having the grounds to do so) in the mistaken belief that this will immediately revoke all action by the bailiff. This has had a damaging effect with latest figures from TEC showing that over 70% of such applications are now rejected. A complete turnaround.

In this particular case, an Out of Time application appears to be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                    Sorry labman,

In this particular case, an Out of Time application appears to be appropriate.

Why sorry? You agreed with me.

If it had not been appropriate I wouldn't have suggested it.

The link in my post explains about it having to be accepted etc.

No need to apologise for agreeing with me, and I will always bow to your greater knowledge anyway.

Comment

The only warrant that allows a bailiff to break into someone's property, even in their absence, by using a locksmith, is a DISTRESS warrant, but only after they have being given the go ahead by the Court.

If what they have for your son is a warrant of EXECUTION, and the threat was made in writing you have the bailiff by the short and curlies!

If they do try to force entry you should dial 999 and report an attemped breaking and entry in progress...do remember, you can use "reasonable" force to defend you and your property, in your case a cricket bat swang á la Boycott would be reasonable
                      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                        do remember, you can use "reasonable" force to defend you and your property, in your case a cricket bat swung á la Boycott would be reasonable
                        Boycott?

Rather than Gilbert Jessop? (link)

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                          Your son needs to complete a Statutory Declaration Out of Time.

The link below gives you details of the process. It won't get rid of the fine, but it will take it back to a point where the 50% discount still applies.

Have a read of this and your son should be able to get things resolved:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences
                          thank you experts. this truly is what the internet was invented for

Comment

thank you experts. this truly is what the internet was invented for
                            Rather than for facilitating communications in the (unlikely) event of the Commies launching a thermonuclear strike on the good ol' US of A?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                              The only warrant that allows a bailiff to break into someone's property, even in their absence, by using a locksmith, is a DISTRESS warrant, but only after they have being given the go ahead by the Court.

If what they have for your son is a warrant of EXECUTION, and the threat was made in writing you have the bailiff by the short and curlies!

If they do try to force entry you should dial 999 and report an attemped breaking and entry in progress...do remember, you can use "reasonable" force to defend you and your property, in your case a cricket bat swang á la Boycott would be reasonable
                              Absolutely, Sir Vere. The right to use reasonable force to eject a bailiff who has entered your home unlawfully/illegally was confirmed in the case of R -v- Tucker [2012] (Criminal Appeal) at Hove Crown Court. The two certificated bailiffs involved subsequently had their certificates revoked.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X