• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Marstons Court Fine Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Marstons Court Fine Problem

I'm being harassed by Marstons too for £300. HMCS passed my debt of £90 over to them and without warning I got a bailiff letter. I paid £90 straight away to HMCS and they sent me a confirmation letter to say I no longer owe them any money. But the bailiff wants his £300 fees which I've told him he is not getting. He's even threatening to enter the property with a locksmith with a warrant from court. I've dealt with many many bailiffs in the past but Marstons have got to be the worst I've come across so far. Try getting legal advice. Try going Citizens Advice Bureu
    Tags: None

Did the bailiff make a visit to your home? as if he didnt im pretty sure he would only be due legally his admin charge of £80 anyway, front loaded the attendance fee by the look of it.

Comment

Originally posted by M786 View Post
      I'm being harassed by Marstons too for £300. HMCS passed my debt of £90 over to them and without warning I got a bailiff letter. I paid £90 straight away to HMCS and they sent me a confirmation letter to say I no longer owe them any money. But the bailiff wants his £300 fees which I've told him he is not getting. He's even threatening to enter the property with a locksmith with a warrant from court. I've dealt with many many bailiffs in the past but Marstons have got to be the worst I've come across so far. Try getting legal advice. Try going Citizens Advice Bureu
      I'm a little surprised you haven't come across this issue before having dealt with so many bailiffs, as it is quite common. I assume you know the process for Maigistrates' Courts fines, from your first post. Did you get a Further Steps Notice? It would have looked something like the one in the attachment. If you didn't receive this, go back to the court and ask for difinitive proof they sent it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M786 View Post
        Unfortunately you are still liable for at least part of the fees, because once the Court passes the job of recovering a fine to a bailiff company there is a statutory charge of £85 applied straight away, and you have 7 days, from the date on the bailiff letter to pay the bailiff....paying the Court is no good.

Once the bailiff visits you a further £215 are added to the bill.
        Last edited by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge; 18th September 2013, 15:01:PM. Reason: carn't speall
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

So the bailiff needs to prove he visited?

& the OP needs to prove the bailiff did not visit?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

M786 - has anything further happened regarding this yet? I was about to type a reply, then realised it was five full days since you last posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              So the bailiff needs to prove he visited?

& the OP needs to prove the bailiff did not visit?
              The bailiff needs to prove he/she visited the property, for marston and others this is quite easy, they use a GPS tracking system and when an annotation is made on the case notes, it will also record their position, so if the entry on notes is made outside the defaulter's front door it will record this.

Being also devil's advocate, the bailiff might just enter a note saying they left a letter without leaving the actual piece of paper, it does happen, for a variety of reasond, some more valid than others, but most of Marston Staff now also wear body cams, so it is very easy to prove that one has visited premises.
              The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X