• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatening phone calls from Marston bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatening phone calls from Marston bailiffs

Ok long story short. I forgot to pay a driving fine of £60 which had risen to £360. The fine was sent by HMCS. I called them up to set up a payment plan of £60 a month. On 2 of the months I ended up paying £50 instead of £60 and without warning the debt of £90 (outstanding balance) was passed on to Marstons bailiffs who attended my property without warning and fortunately no one was home, and left a letter stating I owe £390. I paid the outstanding £90 to HMCS the next day. I also recieved a confirmation letter from them confirming the balance has been paid in full and no more money is owed. However, Marstons bailiff are threatening me and some how have my mobile number, the bailiff keeps on harassing me on my phone. He first said he will break in but he could tell I wasn't getting intimidated and then afterwards he said he will get a locksmith and enter my property and take all my goods. He also said the court has given him a warrant to get a locksmith to enter the property. How do I deal with this thug who keeps threatening me over the phone and keeps leaving letters through my letterbox? I owe HMCS no money at all and he's just trying to commit daylight robbery by trying to make me pay him £300.
    please help!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Threatening phone calls from Marston bailiffs

Hi + to LrgalBeagles..it's a tad early at the moment but there are folks on here who will be able to help you

Comment

£360-[(2x£50)+(x payments of £60)]
      I can't make a balance of £90
      (Mind you, my math is terrible!)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Oh sorry I made a typing error the total fine amount was £368/9 or something like that or let's just say 370 to be precise.

Comment

Hve you had a read of bailiff advice see here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...The-First-Time

Comment

Yeah I've read that thanks also I read this on the citizens advice bereu 'If you pay off the debt to the creditor but not the bailiffs’ charges that you owe, the bailiffs can’t take goods from you just to recover their own costs. They'll have to take action against you themselves to get the money back.'

So it looks like he is lieing when he says the court has given him warrant to enter the property with a locksmith.

Comment

:spy:.......Yep.....you got it right....BAILIFFS LIE....you can normally tell cos their lips are moving :doggieyes:

Comment

Did you receive any letters from the Court, prior to the Bailiff being involved, asking you to bring your account up to date? Have you moved since the fine was imposed?

Comment

Originally posted by M786 View Post
                  Ok long story short. I forgot to pay a driving fine of £60 which had risen to £360. The fine was sent by HMCS. I called them up to set up a payment plan of £60 a month. On 2 of the months I ended up paying £50 instead of £60 and without warning the debt of £90 (outstanding balance) was passed on to Marstons bailiffs who attended my property without warning and fortunately no one was home, and left a letter stating I owe £390. I paid the outstanding £90 to HMCS the next day. I also recieved a confirmation letter from them confirming the balance has been paid in full and no more money is owed. However, Marstons bailiff are threatening me and some how have my mobile number, the bailiff keeps on harassing me on my phone. He first said he will break in but he could tell I wasn't getting intimidated and then afterwards he said he will get a locksmith and enter my property and take all my goods. He also said the court has given him a warrant to get a locksmith to enter the property. How do I deal with this thug who keeps threatening me over the phone and keeps leaving letters through my letterbox? I owe HMCS no money at all and he's just trying to commit daylight robbery by trying to make me pay him £300.
                  please help!!!!
                  Other websites will disagree with me on this issue. However, the view of this site is that if the process has been followed correctly (you can check HERE), then the £300 is payable. If the process has not been followed correctly, post up and we'll try to help.

Equally, if you are wanting to know HOW the £300 is chargeable, as per the link above, pm me with an email address and I'll send you the explanation with pleasure. :beagle:

Comment

As far as I know I didn't get any warning letters prior to the bailiff getting involved. However I have cleaered the HMCS debt and they have sent me a confirmation letter to confirm the balance is clear. But now the bailiff wants his fee of £300 so he can get his commission. However it's the way he's going about it threatening me and being abusive and saying he'll break in the property and take everything. But what I want to know is, does he still have a warrant to break in even though the original court fine is paid off?

Comment

Thanks that helped and explained a lot. However what I want to know is that does he still have a warrant to break in to the property even if no ones at home and even though I've paid off the original court fine?

Comment

What I was aking for previously is because if the Court have not followed procedure correctly then the Warrant must be withdrawn. No doubt if you ask the Court will tell you the Further Steps Notice was sent but you must then ask to which address it was sent and do they have proof it was put into the postal system - after all anyone can have a letter sitting on their computer but doesn't mean it was ever sent.

Comment

M786 - you've not posted for a few days. Do you have any updates on this? :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            M786 - you've not posted for a few days. Do you have any updates on this? :beagle:
                            Perhaps the bugger from Marstons has carried out his threat and taken the OP's computer?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              Perhaps the bugger from Marstons has carried out his threat and taken the OP's computer?
                              Hope he removed the hard drive as leaving it in could be a breach of the DPA, by the bailiff when he sells it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X