• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW ridiculous charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW ridiculous charges

My step daughter parked in a parking bay which was in the same bay as London Council enforced parking and bought a ticket from the ticket machine only to return and find herself with a parking ticket. She then disregarded this as she had paid for a ticket. It now turns out she had JBW bailiffs knocking on the door of her mother threatening to remove items from that property as the ticket is now £565.34!! Whilst I know legally they can't enter and remove anything off that property her mother is in a panic over it. I'm pretty sure £565.34 is not legal for a ticket that she actually never received but would definitely appreciate some advice as to where she stands legally, ie whether they've bought the debt or if it's their land she's parked on and they're legally allowed to pursue her for a reasonable amount? You know not £565.34!!
    Tags: None

Re: JBW ridiculous charges

Why are they knocking on the door of her mother - does she live with her?

It may help you to have a read of THIS, then come back with any questions. :beagle:

Comment

No... The car was registered there because she didn't have a long term address until recently

Comment

The OPs first post the step daughter "finds herself with a parking ticket" Then "for a ticket she never actually received"am I the only one confused here?

Comment

To what address was the original ticket, the mother's? It is possible there was some other prohibition in the bay, or was the ticket somehow not displayed? Either way swift action, as in if original PCN definitely not received, an out of time to Northampton TEC is an option, either way be very careful with JBW they will take the car and sell it without compunction, if it is spotted by their dodgy ANPR van even if they haven't levied it they are that sort of people.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
            To what address was the original ticket, the mother's? It is possible there was some other prohibition in the bay, or was the ticket somehow not displayed? Either way swift action, as in if original PCN definitely not received, an out of time to Northampton TEC is an option, either way be very careful with JBW they will take the car and sell it without compunction, if it is spotted by their dodgy ANPR van even if they haven't levied it they are that sort of people.
            Would it work without it's compunction, bizzybob?
            (Whatever that is!)

:bolt::behindsofa:
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Compunction...........
              2. A sting of conscience or a pang of doubt aroused by wrongdoing or the prospect of wrongdoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                Compunction...........
                2. A sting of conscience or a pang of doubt aroused by wrongdoing or the prospect of wrongdoing.
                Blimey!
                Amazing what they can put in those ECU's nowadays!

:tung:

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

All I can say is GOD BLESS GOOGLE msl:

Cos my brain sure aint up to thinking yet......only on 3rd brew lol

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    The OPs first post the step daughter "finds herself with a parking ticket" Then "for a ticket she never actually received"am I the only one confused here?
                    Still not answered was a penalty ticket on the car when she returned after buying a ticket to park its either yes or no if like many areas a ticket was placed there may be a photo of the car with ticket on it I know several areas where this happens

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                      Compunction...........
                      Exactly Inca, they have no conscience, or any basic common humanity, well they wouldn't have as they are akin to the missing link between apes and humans.

Comment

Embob - do you have anything you want to add to the above, or are we safe to consider the discussion closed? If you do have a genuine issue, please post.

Comment

Originally posted by Embob View Post
                          My step daughter parked in a parking bay which was in the same bay as London Council enforced parking and bought a ticket from the ticket machine only to return and find herself with a parking ticket. She then disregarded this as she had paid for a ticket. It now turns out she had JBW bailiffs knocking on the door of her mother threatening to remove items from that property as the ticket is now £565.34!! Whilst I know legally they can't enter and remove anything off that property her mother is in a panic over it. I'm pretty sure £565.34 is not legal for a ticket that she actually never received but would definitely appreciate some advice as to where she stands legally, ie whether they've bought the debt or if it's their land she's parked on and they're legally allowed to pursue her for a reasonable amount? You know not £565.34!!
                          Sharp practice from an ovezealous traffic warden, but ignoring the ticket was not particularly smart!

However, if the address the bailiff is calling on is not your daughter's residence they will have to walk away.

A warrant of execution does not carry any power to allow the bailiff to enter your daughter's mother's residence....should we refer to her as your ex-wife, it's less than a mouthful...

£565.34 for an unpaid penalty charge from Transport for London and/or another borough Council is about right.
                          The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X