• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rossendales and rotherham council being unfair!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rossendales and rotherham council being unfair!!

Ok basics. Old debt which was originally with rossendales I managed to get the council to take it back on the condition I made payments every week. Which I did. Bar the last payment of 50 quid (dammit I miscalculated). Anyway, this was last september.

This.morning got a letter from ross demanding 300quid and apparently theyv been trying for a while to get in touch with us. Eeerrrm
    No.

This is the forst letter

No phone calls no nothing

Phoned councik they said it will be charges. But fornwhat????? ONE LETTER!!

Right I need backup na what to do.

It was a mistake simple aa

I hav offered to pay the 50quid atraight away but I will not pay the charges as nobodys been in touch before and if they had odv payed it there and then

Iv sent a formal letter of complaint to rotherham telling them im not happy not paying.other than the 50 etc etc and sentross a letter aswel stating the same

Not heard owt back yet (I emailed) but im expecting aum bs about I have to pay bla bla bla

Whats my next action? Iv tried to ask them to take the debt back but apparently they 'cant' like they cudnt last time ideots.

Any help would be very much appreciated im fighting these cowboys they aint getting a penny from me this is rediculous made up money!
    Tags: None

Re: rossendales and rotherham council being unfair!!

Simple solution pay the Council the outstanding amount via online banking, Council website or automated phone. Has a Bailiff actually visited yet? Was the letter from the Bailiffs delivered by Royal Mail or by hand?

Comment

It was royal mail just normal post. Says 'despite previous correspondance you still havent payed the outstanding amount'. Like I said above this is thr forst ive heard from them.

Ok so when I get payed then on wednesday I just call up and pay the remaining 50. I will do that as that is what I said I would do anyway.

Rossendales will.have a fight if they think im.payong charges the cheaky gets!

Comment

Thankyou you guys calm me haha ive got 2 young children at home and im quite fiesty now ive got them once I start arguing I dont stop and I dont want my kids seing that if a bailiff does turn up. Not that id ever let them in anyway but id certainly give these guys some abuse through the post box lol

Comment

Pay the council what you owe them. However, despite it only being one letter via Royal Mail, I fear you may be liable for bailiff charges of £85 Administration Costs as you broke the repayment plan, and the council passed the debt back to the bailiffs. You avoid the £215 to make up the £300 as it was a letter so they did not attend your premises for anything.

You should also be aware that bailiff fees for council tax are payable BEFORE the council tax, so they will get their £85 leaving you still owing this amount. See what Ploddertom thinks about this, but I suspect you may well have to pay your outstanding CT and £85 bailiff costs to avoid further action.

Comment

Would they not have to inform me first that it was being passed to rossendales? This debt was originally for 1500quid and ther was only 50 quid left so u can c y im incredably fruatrated with it. I understand where you are coming from with the bailiff charge however they recieved my details last october and this is the first ove heard I.think theyr taking the mick abit?

I duno im probably letting myself get too heated about it but I am disapointed that after paying 1500quid aswel as the normal council tax so like 300quid a month on council tax alone im being chased for ANOTHER load of.money that I feel is.unjustified. I will lwt you all know what the emails say when I get replies.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
              Pay the council what you owe them. However, despite it only being one letter via Royal Mail, I fear you may be liable for bailiff charges of £85 Administration Costs as you broke the repayment plan, and the council passed the debt back to the bailiffs. You avoid the £215 to make up the £300 as it was a letter so they did not attend your premises for anything.

You should also be aware that bailiff fees for council tax are payable BEFORE the council tax, so they will get their £85 leaving you still owing this amount. See what Ploddertom thinks about this, but I suspect you may well have to pay your outstanding CT and £85 bailiff costs to avoid further action.
              This isn't for a Magistrates Fine as Rossendales are not one of the Co's contracted to collect. If it is for for CT then there is no Regulation that allows for a charge to be made for sending a letter via RM so no fees due. However I would susupect a visit will be imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by cvokes25 View Post
                Would they not have to inform me first that it was being passed to rossendales? This debt was originally for 1500quid and ther was only 50 quid left so u can c y im incredably fruatrated with it. I understand where you are coming from with the bailiff charge however they recieved my details last october and this is the first ove heard I.think theyr taking the mick abit?

I duno im probably letting myself get too heated about it but I am disapointed that after paying 1500quid aswel as the normal council tax so like 300quid a month on council tax alone im being chased for ANOTHER load of.money that I feel is.unjustified. I will lwt you all know what the emails say when I get replies.
                Were Bailiffs involved back then?

Comment

Yes they werwiv special thanks to my brother in law not bloody paying his fair share. However I got that sent back to the council because the bailiff was threatening to break my door down and have my husband arressted if we didnt let him in. Then he asked me for a fag and a cup of tea!! Cheaky bleeder lol xxx

Comment

We wer paying 50pound a week to rotherham council direct for the debt plus our normal 100 council tax. Safe to ssy we wer brasic for a while!! Xxx

Comment

There are 2 things which I think you should do as the results from those will show you where you are at because there is a possibility there could be Bailiff fees outstanding.

1 - You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
                      1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
                      2 - the dates they were obtained
                      3 - the addresses they were for
                      4 - the period of time each covers
                      5 - how much each one was for
                      6 - how much is still outstanding
                      7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
                      8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

2 - Send off for a breakdown of your account from the Bailiffs and see what they are trying to claim. Send Letter 1 from http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Comment

I have requested that information. Im still waiting for rossendales to reoly see what theyve got to say first then ik get that letter sent off I dont have a computer inly my phone so cant see it at the moment xx thanks for your help guys I no it is my fault essentially but if theydv just rang me and asked or sent one letter idv kniwn and paid it straight away thats why im arguing to profusly. Excuse my spelling. Also with it kumin upto christmas I reali wantd to make this year special with whatlittke weve got and this will make it impossable to do. We dont live a rich life but I want a good life for my kids not paying made uo money to fat cats sat at a desk! Xx

Comment

Quick update some lady from rotherham just rang asking for what time I phoned yesterday says shes looking into everything and will get back to me in the next 2 days with all the info requested. Fingers crossed we can get something sorted altho iv a funny feeling theyr just guna try and find a way to back out. At least something is happening.

Comment

When you have some answers let us know and we'll try & sort fact from fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post

I don't know who you are, you imposter, or from which planet you've come, but can we have our old labman back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X