• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Does a bailiff need to be certificated for HMCTS distress warrant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a bailiff need to be certificated for HMCTS distress warrant?

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
    Well according to the police sergeant anyone entering someone's home in itself is not a crime, uninvited ot not. He went on to say it is only a crime if the person causes damage doing so, or intends to burgle !!!! Are they for real ????
    Being a retired copper, I can tell you the police sergeant was talking total codswallop. Forcible entry to a residential property without lawful authority and against the wishes of the lawful occupier is Criminal Trespass. This sergeant needs to go back to training school or lose his stripes.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
      I would say that the bailiffs and the police are in for a kicking, and potentially cough up damages
      It will be interesting to see if the seizure is actually lawful, given the fact the bailiff was not certificated and his conduct. If the forced entry was not properly authorised, the bailiff and Marstons are likely to take a kicking and the police sergeant is likely to feel the toe of his superintendent's boot up his rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        It will be interesting to see if the seizure is actually lawful, given the fact the bailiff was not certificated and his conduct. If the forced entry was not properly authorised, the bailiff and Marstons are likely to take a kicking and the police sergeant is likely to feel the toe of his superintendent's boot up his rear end.
        If the vehicles have been sold, there may well be issues of consequential loss

Comment

If the vehicles have been sold, there may well be issues of consequential loss
          Marstons may well find themselves in the same situation Jacobs did when they f:censored:d-up. MC Distress Warrants clearly state, at Condition 2, that a bailiff may not take any vehicle used by the debtor in connection with their employment, business or vocation. If you look at Marstons' letterhead warrants, these conditions are omitted and when press to provide a copy of the actual court warrant for inspection, they will only provide a letterhead warrant and insist that is the warrant. That is one of the reasons I have referred the matter to HMCTS.

Comment

Hopefully HMCS will be receptive to those concerns, and do something about it, like do Marstons and the others for fraud after they have rescinded the contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Link?
              I'll find it and put it on its own thread, Cloggy.

Comment

Hopefully HMCS will be receptive to those concerns, and do something about it, like do Marstons and the others for fraud after they have rescinded the contracts.
                The HMCTS Senior Enforcement Managers I have had dealings with are very helpful and do ask to be informed of transgressions by contracted bailiffs as they can then pass details up to HMCTS senior management who are in a position to call bailiff company management in for a grilling.

Comment

The HMCTS Senior Enforcement Managers I have had dealings with are very helpful and do ask to be informed of transgressions by contracted bailiffs as they can then pass details up to HMCTS senior management who are in a position to call bailiff company management in for a grilling.
                  Rare, medium, well done, or cremated?

Comment

Rare, medium, well done, or cremated?
                    Depends on how bad their bailiffs have been. If HMCTS had gotten wind of Melanie Boswell's transgression, I reckon it would have been curtains for Marstons' contract with HMCTS. HMCTS senior management take the sort of behaviour Boswell engaged in very seriously.

Comment

:flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:

Comment

:flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig: :flypig:
                        We can live in hope CC, remember the glass is half full

Comment

One should never be amazed by the indolence or indifference of civil "servants".

Comment

One should never be amazed by the indolence or indifference of civil "servants".
                            I never am, after all we live to pay their wages or so they think.

Comment

Ideal, Fizz. Thank you. I'll post up the contact details for the HMCTS Senior Enforcement Manager for the London area. You would be better sending them an email. Put "For Attn. of Senior Enforcement Manager" in the subject box, then, at the heading of your email, put -

Your Full Name
                              Date of Birth
                              Current Home Address
                              Court Reference

Also, provide contact telephone numbers so that someone from the Regional Enforcement Team, usually, the Service Delivery Manager, can contact you to discuss the matter and confirm any details.

And the contact details are -

Senior Enforcement Manager - London
                              Email: gl-cao.corresp@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Their office is in Southwark, London SE1.
                              At last, some straight talking no nonsense, realistic advice :cheer2: thank you

I'll have a go at compiling as factual account as possible. Fortunately I've the names and numbers of attending officers/sergeant. Is it worth starting from the beginning listing the paperwork I received and the dates of visit. How much detail do you think is required.
                              Or should I just be asking for if the bailiff was authorised to carry out the action of entering with a locksmith, and was there a warrnat?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
                                At last, some straight talking no nonsense, realistic advice :cheer2: thank you

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ailiff-Threads

See what I mean?

It could have been answered in 4 posts - 2, 5, 26 and 35. Instead we have 60.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X