• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW visit

HI

Id really value some advice. I had a visit from Mr eades from JBW baliffs yesterday and was left with a notice of attendence as i was out. The visit was in relation to an unpaid paking fine, which i stupidly forgot to pay in the first instance and then have never heard anything about since mid February. The notice was charging £493...£215.44 for the originally fine, £68.40 for attendence to levy and £210 for attendenace to remove, the notice was not signed.
    I called JBW this morning and they say that they have sent a previous letter which i didnt receive and have called my home and mobile (when asked they couldnt give me the mobile numbers). I asked for a copy of the original letter and afetr around 10 minutes of keeping me on hold one was sent over, however this was not sent to me and i have never received anything from them.

I have ended up paying the £493, as was told if i didnt there would be subsequent visits and additional charges and too be honest i didnt know where i should legally. Howver, the whole thing doesnt sit right with me and after reading some posts i also believe that they have acted inappropriately- im just not sure how i can prove this and what i can do legally? Im also aware that the charges added are excessively high. Would anyone have any help or information about where i can go from here?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: JBW visit

Which council is this?

Comment

Re: JBW visit

Is it Plymouth City Council, by any chance?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X