• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Needed with Jbw bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed with Jbw bailiff

Hello all,

I need some direction to challenge fees being charged by Jbw bailiff for a parking fine, my sister calimed she received a letter sometimes earlier in the year from London borough of bexley about a parking ticket that she didn't remember getting, she's being away for a while due to some family issues. Jwb bailiffs visited her house during the day to deliver a letter - NOTICE OF ATTENDANCE - requesting a payment of £363.64

BREAKDOWN

Balance Before Today's Visit - £116.44
    Attendance To Levy Fee - £37:20
    Attendance To Remove Fee - £210.00

Total Balance Now Due - £363.64

She didn't inform anyone and was trying to find the money and then last week she had another hand delivered letter - ENFORCEMENT NOTICE - requesting a payment of £624.04, exactly a week to the day she got the first letter.

BREAKDOWN

Balance Before Today's Visit - £363.64
    Attendance To Levy Fee - £50:40
    Attendance To Remove Fee - £210.00

Total Balance Now Due - £624.04

Based on what I have read from the site and other, we drafted a letter using one a template to request the breakdown and so far Jbw has not responded and she's just informed me that on getting home today, she has received a NOTICE OF REMOVAL.

I am not sure exactly how to proceed from here, she is willing to pay the fine, but I believe that the fees are highly unreasonable. Please advise if it's best to pay and then try to reclaim or is there a way to challenge this unreasonable fees, she needs her car to drop her son and get to work.

I hope I am right by asking her not call the bailiffs to negotiate payment.

Thanking you in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Help Needed with Jbw bailiff

Where in the UK has this happened, please, i.e. which local authority issued the PCN? Are the Attend to Levy and Attend to Remove fees being charged on the same date? If they are, this is known as Upfront Fee Fraud and totally illegal as a bailiff cannot levy and remove on the same visit. The debtor must be given a reasonable opportunity to pay.

Is the vehicle used in connection with the owner's employment, business or vocation or on HP or leased? If so, levying on and/or removing/attempting to remove is an absolute no-no. Any attempt to remove would amount to Theft. Any statement by a bailiff or any JBW employee that they can remove regardless would render JBW, its management and the bailiff/employee making such a statement liable to prosecution for Fraud by False Misrepresentation.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Looks like it's Bexley according to Op's original post

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Looks like it's Bexley according to Op's original post
        Here you go, bluebottle, you can borrow mine!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for your response, the PCN was issued by London Borough of Bexley. Attendance to Levy and Attendance to Removefees are being charged on the same on two different occasion, when no one was at home.

The vechicle is not on HP and not leased, but she uses it to get to work, I have moved it away from the address tonight and will get up early to get it her in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Here you go, bluebottle, you can borrow mine!

msl:

Comment

JBW are only legally-entitled to £204.04 at the very most. £420.00 of the fees they are demanding are unlawful and fraudulent.

Comment

How much does it cost in Bexley to hire a van?

Multiply their fatuous "ATR" fee of £210 by the number they could do in a day, subtract the daily hire charge and the cost of fuel, and the remainder would seem to be clear profit.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  How much does it cost in Bexley to hire a van?

Multiply their fatuous "ATR" fee of £210 by the number they could do in a day, subtract the daily hire charge and the cost of fuel, and the remainder would seem to be clear profit.
                  They will no doubt turn up in a Berlingo to tow a Bentley, a Sprinter, or a 44 tonne Scania, and claim the fee, as their van is powerful beyond it's size... Try that one on VOSA JBW and see where that gets you.

Comment

Can anyone kindly point me to a template letter that I can amend and send to Jbw challenging these fees?

Thank you in advance

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Letter #1
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Before drafting any letters to send to JBW, do you know if they have levied on anything at all? They are required to leave a notice - Form 7 - listing goods they have levied on. If this has not been done, the fees they are demanding become even more suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie's Brainless Winker
                          BREAKDOWN

Balance Before Today's Visit - £116.44
                          Attendance To Levy Fee - £37:20 (should be £32.61)
                          Attendance To Remove Fee - £210.00 (invalid as no levy was in place)

Total Balance Now Due - £363.64 (should only be £149.05)

BREAKDOWN

Balance Before Today's Visit - £363.64 (should only be £149.05)
                          Attendance To Levy Fee - £50:40 (should be £41.74)
                          Attendance To Remove Fee - £210.00 (invalid as no levy was in place)

Total Balance Now Due - £624.04 (should only be £190.79)

They are trying to overcharge by £433.25.

Comment

Even worse overcharging, correction, Fraud, than we thought.

Comment

Thank you for your response, there was no one at home on both occasions when they came. They did not even write to request payment of behalf of London brorough of Bexley, they turned up on both occassions with hand delivered letters until they sent the NOTICE OF REMOVAL by post. definitely they have not levied and there is no FORM 7.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X