• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court issued distress warrent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court issued distress warrent

Hello my name is Ronnie

Today at 2pm i had a piece of paper posted through my door from a company called Collectica ENFORCEMENT SERVICES on behalf of
    HMCTS. LINCS for an unpaid fine for tv license now i understand everyone has there excuse for not paying, ours being that our benefits had stopped for a period of time and we totally forgot about the fine, this was until today when we received this letter.

the fine issued by the courts was for £190 we was paying it of and now it is £77, but now we have been issued a bill for £377 we called the company's head office and asked them "why we have to pay a fee to for attendance when no one even knocked at our door they just posted the letter and went" their response was "its not down to us you need to talk to the bailiff".

so after calling him and trying to arrange a payment plan he has refused to do this and demanded payment by 7pm tonight i used what i know about law and later told him that he either gave me till Friday to try and sort this out or he can spend the next few months trying to get in my house. He has agreed to back of till Friday.

after this call i called the courts they agreed to take full payment of the £77 today but then told me that even though i will be paying they will not call of the distress warrant.

So back to the bailiff i explained to him the courts have accepted full payment so now i need to know what to do about the warrant as the fine is paid, his reply was "unless the courts take the warrant away they are not allowed to drop the case"

So then i called CAB and they tell me that the courts do have the power to take back the warrant but they will tell you they don't. which of course thats what the courts have said "its not in there power"

i dont no what to do here and would really like some help if at all possible i have till Friday to try and sort this.

Thanks Ronnie
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X