• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£1000 extra cost from Baliffs Regulation 36 of the Council Tax Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £1000 extra cost from Baliffs Regulation 36 of the Council Tax Admin

I have received a letter from Rossendales requesting that fill in a form on Financial information failing to do so I will receive a conviction and a fine of up to £1000 a criminal conviction.
    I tried talking to the Council but they go on about until I receive a Court Summons they cant do an arrangment of money.
    I cant cope with all this anymore as I seem to be going around in circles
    Tags: None

Re: £1000 extra cost from Baliffs Regulation 36 of the Council Tax Admin

Bailiffs cant convict or fine you only courts can ,someone at your council is telling porkies here,wait and soon the CT experts will advise you on here

Comment

Hi welcome to Legal beagles, could you give us little more background please, as in how much is the debt, and when did the bailiff become involved?

Then beagles can look at best options to tackle the issue.

Comment

That's what I thought regarding a conviction. Think the Council and Baliffs will tell prokies.
        Thank you for your reply

Comment

Thank You...I have two debts total around £1000 or more the Baliff has become involved and chasing me for a long time, I always ignore them because they are bullies
          I always try talking to the Council but they are never any help.

Comment

Hi harvey27

Out of interest, which council are you with?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by harvey27 View Post
                why do you ask?
                It would be useful to know how extensively your local snollygosters had abrogated their responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by harvey27 View Post
                  I have received a letter from Rossendales requesting that fill in a form on Financial information failing to do so I will receive a conviction and a fine of up to £1000 a criminal conviction.
                  Can you scan or photograph - and then post up - that remarkable missive? Blank out your personal details first, of course...

Comment

Sometimes it pays to know who the opposition is.

But they're all much of a muchness, anyway!:tinysmile_cry_t:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

It matters because some councils can be reasoned with, others only speak bailiff and believe the sun shines from their bailiffs anal sphincter

Comment

Unfortunately they can ask for this information. They are quoting you the maximum you can be fined for not complying.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                          Unfortunately they can ask for this information. They are quoting you the maximum you can be fined for not complying.
                          Doesn't a Liability Order first have to be granted?

The Service Level Agreement (link) between Rossendales and the spud-munchers may be of some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Doesn't a Liability Order first have to be granted? Yes it does and before we have got to this stage it will have been awarded.
                            PTPT

Comment

I went to post a copy of the letter but it only takes a URL i will have to figure this out

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X