• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

massive bill from jacobs over parking tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• massive bill from jacobs over parking tickets

Hello Everyone,
    I thought I would post this here as I have had amazing help from people on this site.
    Jacobs have replied (see below) to my request for a breakdown of costs re numerous unpaid parking tickets:

Account reference ??????
    Original Debt £112.00 balance outstanding as at 21.06.13 £385.84.
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 21.03.13 £13.44
    Visit 1 made 16.04.13 @ 11.51 £42.00
    Visit 2 made 16.04.13 @ 15.34 £54.00
    Attendance/Van 16.04.13 @ 15.34 £80.00
    Visit 3 08.05.13 @ 6.27 £68.40

Account reference ??????
    Type Date Time Amount

Account reference ?????
    Original Debt £112.00 Balance outstanding as at 21.06.13 £221.44.
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 14.04.13 £13.44
    Visit 1 08.05.13 @8.38 £42.00
    Visit 2 17.05.13 @6.27 £54.00

Account reference ???????
    Original Debt £112.00 Balance outstanding as at 21.06.13 £221.44.
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 14.04.13 £13.44
    Visit 1 08.05.13 @8.38 £42.00
    Visit 2 17.05.13 @6.27 £54.00

Account reference ???????
    Original Debt £112.00 Balance outstanding as at 21.06.13 £125.44.
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 06.05.13 £13.44

Account reference ??????
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 13.06.13 £13.44

Account reference ??????
    Type Date Time Amount
    First letter sent from office 13.06.13 £13.44

Can the bailiff charge fees to each account for each visit?
    Also, I have a meeting with the council over Jacobs regarding another issue next Wednesday, and I am going to mention these new charges.
    Any tips what to say at the meeting please?
    (I don't think it makes a difference but the reason I have so many tickets is I am the registered carer for my disabled mum and chronically-mentally ill brother. I get called out to dramas at all times and then can't park any near where I live when I get home.
    I am so knackered in the morning I oversleep sometimes and leave my car parked illegally?
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: massive bill from jacobs over parking tickets

Originally posted by nickc View Post
    Jacobs have replied (see below) to my request for a breakdown of costs re numerous unpaid parking tickets:
    They really have no conscience or sense of shame!

Read the notes here ---> link - and you can see for yourself how the buggers are overcharging.

Account reference ??????
    Type Date Time Amount

Wrong! The correct fee is £35.13

Wrong! £44.96...

Wrong - as no levy had been made, this does not apply; moreover, it is double charging.

Wrong! Even if one accepted all their inflated and bogus fees, that 3rd visit fee should only be £61.58.

Account reference ??????
    Type Date Time Amount
    It might be another ticket, but those were the same visit as above. Double charging is probably illegal.

Their other fees are equally inflated and wrong.

Comment

Many thanks for this. I will tell the woman at the council on Wednesday and report back what she say.They do seem to be double charging!!

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Quick update. I had a meeting today with a chap from the council.
        He claims the charges are correct. He reckons the difference is due to VAT!
        Does that make any sense to anyone?

Comment

Hi everyone,
          He is speaking utter tripe from his anus

Comment

I would be inclined to make it clear to the muppet from the council that they are putting themselves in the frame as an accessory to fraud, or for malfeasance in public office or, even, misconduct in public office. All three carry criminal sanctions. Condoning illegal/unlawful behaviour and/or failing to do anything to stop it is sufficient to constitute being an accessory to an offence at law. Ignorance of the law is not a defence or an excuse.

It needs to be put to this council muppet the trouble they could be in already. Unless they are totally devoid of any moral fibre, it should be enough to make them see sense and distance themselves from what Jacobs are claiming. A lesson entitled "Bailiffs Lie" followed by the second module "Never Believe Anything A Certificated Bailiff Tells You and Why" should be a compulsory element of induction training for council employees.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

No.

For example, £35.13 + VAT is £42.16, not £42.

Nor does the addition of VAT excuse double charging, nor does it excuse charging an "attendance with a van" or "attendance to remove" fee when no goods had been seized.

caput suum in ano erat

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                It needs to be put to this council muppet the trouble they could be in already. Unless they are totally devoid of any moral fibre, it should be enough to make them see sense and distance themselves from what Jacobs are claiming. A lesson entitled "Bailiffs Lie" followed by the second module "Never Believe Anything A Certificated Bailiff Tells You and Why" should be a compulsory element of induction training for council employees.
                But if the council numpties could be established to know about the untruths and misdeeds of the bailiffs or bailiff companies they've appointed, would that not make them abettors or accomplices of any future misdeeds?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  But if the council numpties could be established to know about the untruths and misdeeds of the bailiffs or bailiff companies they've appointed, would that not make them abettors or accomplices of any future misdeeds?
                  They would be automatically guilty as they are repeating the same crime over and over, the only way to stop it would be if plod could be bothered to feel collars, and CPS didn't hide behind a "Public interest" as in diminishing public confidence in enforcement so they have to bury the evidence of wrongdoing, to avoid prosecuting, the sentences should run consecutively rather than concurrent.

OP needs to know what they claim to have levied, as the fees are void.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    In order to prove an offence of Abetting, it would need to be shown that the council numpties were actively encouraging bailiffs to commit offences under the Criminal Law. Aiding an offence or being an accessory to an offence is, probably, more appropriate.

Under Section 12, Fraud Act 2006, there is a provision which is used to catch and prosecute bent company directors, managers, company secretaries and company officers for offences of Fraud. One element of this is that of Connivance, basically, knowing offences are being committed and turning a blind eye to it.

However, trying to prove such an offence, the reality is that, unless a council numpty admitted to knowing that offences were being committed or was actively involved in the commission of offences, it would be difficult to prove. In all probability, Malfeasance or Misconduct in Public Office would be an easier offence to prove.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I thought I should post this here. I just put it in another thread but the meeting was also about the Jacobs £1300 bills they have hit me with.

During my meeting, a charming man from the Solutions Team, explained the reason the bailiff charged an attendance fee, is they always bring a van as a kind of insurance policy, just in case they have to seize goods.
                      He said it was a bit like always taking an umbrella out with you, just in case it rains.
                      When I explained they had not levied on anything, so why did they need the van, (resulting in a further £80 charge) he said I needed to see the logic in it and see things from the bailiffs point of view.
                      Considering this genius is the person my complaint has been "escalated" to - from the council parking "Team Leader" who said the bailiff was perfectly entitled to advise me to get a log -book for a car on HP and then rejected my entire complaint, I am not filled with much hope.
                      If it wasn't for all of the advice on this site, I would have walked away at this stage and dropped the whole thing.
                      But, without being to over-dramatic, I think if you demand justice, you have to fight for it.
                      So I will see what Jacobs/Council have to say when they have confirmed HP document is authentic and see how they try and wriggle out of it.

Comment

Also this is the response to my complaint about my mums car being clamped (even though it is on HP) and £1300 bill for 7 parking tickets.
                        After I received this letter, I escalated my complaint and had a meeting at the council on Wed (as disucssed above) The Council are now checking the docs I gave them proving the car in on HP.
                        I received this ten days ago but thought I would post it here as it shows how they blatantly believe the bailiff.

My colleague has forwarded your email to me as Team Leader for Parking as it refers to Jacobs Bailiffs. Jacobs Bailiffs are contracted by the Council to execute warrants issued by Northampton County Court for the collection of outstanding Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs).

Our records show that there have been a total of 15 PCNs issued to this particular vehicle, 8 of which have been paid and there are a total of 7 PCNs unpaid, which are currently with the bailiff.

I have spoken to the bailiff who I understand have also been in contact with you in respect of a complaint concerning their employee Mr ??????. The bailiff has advised that if their response concerning their employee is not to your satisfaction you are able to request the matter be referred to their professional association CIVEA (The Civil Enforcement Association).

The bailiff has confirmed that at the time of the bailiffs visit Mr ??????? carried out their normal procedure in confirming who the vehicle was registered to and if the vehicle in question was on a finance agreement. An HPI check was carried out on 16 April 2013 to confirm this information. As it was confirmed from the HPI check there was no finance on the vehicle and that you are the registered keeper Mr ????? followed the correct procedure. He also to assist you provided further information on how funds perhaps could be obtained. The bailiff has also advised that if you can provide documents that prove that there is finance outstanding on this vehicle they will review your account.

As the bailiff is executing a warrant issued by the County Court they must continue to recover the outstanding PCNs and any fees they have incurred. The fees the bailiff applies are as per the Statutory Legislation being Schedule 1 of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Fees (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993 (as amended).

After considering all of the information provided by Jacobs I am reassured that the bailiff has followed their normal procedures in executing the warrant and recovering the outstanding PCNs. If you have any documents that you can provide to the bailiff in respect of any finance agreement for the vehicle they would be happy to review your account and in addition they have also provided details on how to escalate any complaint in respect of their employee.

Your complaint has been dealt with at Stage 1 of the Council’s Corporate Complaints Policy. If you remain dissatisfied with this response you have 21 working days to write to the Solutions Team, at ??????? requesting that your complaint be escalated to Stage 2. Please quote the reference number as indicated on this letter and clearly state why you are unhappy with the outcome of Stage 1 and what your expected outcomes are. Your complaint will then be escalated and investigated by a senior manager and you will receive a response within 20 working days of the Solutions Team receiving your letter.

Comment

During my meeting, a charming man from the Solutions Team, explained the reason the bailiff charged an attendance fee, is they always bring a van as a kind of insurance policy, just in case they have to seize goods.
                          As this means he condones this malpractice, you really do need that in writing or, at least, on a voice or video recording.

He said it was a bit like always taking an umbrella out with you, just in case it rains.
                          What a silly idiot. It is more akin to the mousetraps that adorned the White Knight's saddlebag in Dodgson's Alice Through The Looking Glass.

When I explained they had not levied on anything, so why did they need the van, (resulting in a further £80 charge) he said I needed to see the logic in it and see things from the bailiffs point of view.
                          It is certainly not difficult to see it from the bailiff's point of view - it is another fee he can demand which will add to his pay and which will be condoned by clueless or corrupt council employees.

Considering this genius is the person my complaint has been "escalated" to - from the council parking "Team Leader" who said the bailiff was perfectly entitled to advise me to get a log -book for a car on HP and then rejected my entire complaint, I am not filled with much hope.
                          The LGO should have plenty to do...

Comment

Get it all in writing, and then escalate, to Stage 2 i would appraise the CEO and the elected leader of the muppetry, and of course copy any and all Formal Complaints to your MP also. Jacobs are an egregious waste of space.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X