• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales-do i need to speak with the bailiff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rossendales-do i need to speak with the bailiff?

UPDATE: i was on the phone to council today and after them telling me they can definately not take the debt back, i used a few fancy words and the word legislation alot and bingo they have accepted that i pay at end of the week result :P......now there is the matter of the £270 bailiff fees for 2 visits to wrestle as the council said they cant deal with that.....(he isnt going to like his next visit to my door ...) this site has been really helpful and WILL be passed on ......so am i right in thinking i can request fees at the door to him aswell as to his company? thx for all the help

mad.

Comment

Yay!! Well done (can't answer your question tho,,wait for the smart ones to rock up)

Comment

Which council is it?

If it is the spud-munching North-East Lincolnshire Council, their Service Level Agreement (link) with Rossendales makes it quite clear that they can stop enforcement action.

Comment

Barrow Borough Council

Comment

Well, their contract may be much the same.

Comment

The guidelines as revised and repeated by the Pickwickian Eric Pickles make it clear that the council can recall any debt from bailiffs at any time. To suggest otherwise would be naughty, and in years gone by would have resulted on a rap across the knuckles with a steel ruler.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                The guidelines as revised and repeated by the Pickwickian Eric Pickles make it clear that the council can recall any debt from bailiffs at any time.....
                ...and if they don't, Uncle Eric will come along and sit on them.:biggrin1:
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  ...and if they don't, Uncle Eric will come along and sit on them.:biggrin1:
                  Surely that would make even Julie Green-Jones retch, no seriously, it's time for the council to get a grip, and realise that they are opening a door to a whole lot of trouble by brushing debtors like the Op off with that old fairy tale, that the bailiff now "OWNS" the debt that it is unlawful for the council to sell on or otherwise demise control absolutely to a third party.

Comment

Let's see what response you get from asking for the fee breakdown & if he calls in the meantime then just ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                      Surely that would make even Julie Green-Jones retch, no seriously, it's time for the council to get a grip, and realise that they are opening a door to a whole lot of trouble by brushing debtors like the Op off with that old fairy tale, that the bailiff now "OWNS" the debt that it is unlawful for the council to sell on or otherwise demise control absolutely to a third party.
                      To the best of my knowledge and belief, a mandatory tax debt cannot be sold to any form of debt purchasing or factoring business. If the bailiff claims he/she owns the debt, not only are they poor liars, they are also seriously-deluded. Bailiffs seem to hate being confronted by reality as it appears to scare the s**t out of them, especially when they realise their lies and bullying aren't and won't work and they are digging an almighty big hole for themselves and the bailiff company that employs them.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge and belief, a mandatory tax debt cannot be sold to any form of debt purchasing or factoring business. If the bailiff claims he/she owns the debt, not only are they poor liars, they are also seriously-deluded. Bailiffs seem to hate being confronted by reality as it appears to scare the s**t out of them, especially when they realise their lies and bullying aren't and won't work and they are digging an almighty big hole for themselves and the bailiff company that employs them.
                        Don't forget the plonkers in the council who claim the debt cannot be recalled and now sits with the bailiff therefore propagating the lie that the bailiff now owns it

Comment

Let's hope they take in and inwardly digest Eric Pickles' recent public decree about local authorities use of private bailiff companies. I wonder what a CEO of a council would look like after Eric Pickles had sat on them?

Comment

Let's hope they take in and inwardly digest Eric Pickles' recent public decree about local authorities use of private bailiff companies. I wonder what a CEO of a council would look like after Eric Pickles had sat on them?
                            A little flat perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                              Let's see what response you get from asking for the fee breakdown & if he calls in the meantime then just ignore him.
                              It will be interesting to see what BillyBailiff comes up with +what happens next.......So far,so good re the council.

Comment

bit of a question if anyone knows...printer broke down so will be emailing them for my fees, problem is cant find an email for them haha

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X