• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

collectcia visit out the blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collectcia visit out the blue

im just after some advice please. i came back with the dog to see a letter by hand had been posted by these guys to find 530 pound was owed for hmcts. i thought it was for council tax as i have got in a pickle with them. so i rang them up and was shocked that they wasnt to bad but to my disbelief it was for tv liceance . now this is the strange part. about 8 months ago i had a officer come round i let him in on the knowledge i was paying it but seems natwest cancelld the direct debit so we set up payment. suprise suprise a week or two later a court letter came through my door for 270 pounds. i got intouch we citerzans advice and we had a 3 way call with the courts fine department. we aranged payment and a card was sent for 10 pound a week brill stuff . my mum was even giving me ten pounds here and there to pay it faster. after a while i recived a letter saying no further action to be taken etc etc so i thought great stuff i pay my tv liceance every 3 months with out fail. i explained this all and they put me a 21 day stop on it and asked for proof of payment etc.the problem is im not in reciept off the letter anymore as i never expected this. i still have the white payment card they sent me and found the letter i got for court includen the guy from citerzans advice hu did the 3 way call helping me (i had wrote his name number on the court letter)thats about it im really woried as im out of work for the time being and do not recive jsa etc due to my girlfreind working 20 hours a week we pay rent etc also.we would be better off on benefits but its not the mind frame we are in any advice would be amazing thankyou ps sorry my grammer is not the best
    Tags: None

Re: collectcia visit out the blue

I would go back to CAB and get them to ring the court, who need to explain what is going on. Is this in the East Midlands by any chance?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

yes chesterfield derbyshire the court is high peak

Comment

I had a feeling it would be East Midlands. It's an area where Collectica lurk.

A few questions -

Did you receive a court summons?
        Did Capita/TVL inform you of any court proceedings or tell you not to attend court?
        Were your means examined by the court?
        Have you received a Further Steps Notice?

If Capita/TVL have been up to their usual tricks, paying the fine may not be appropriate. It is possible your local CAB spoke to a court staff member who was poorly-trained. This matter may need to be referred to the HMCTS Senior Enforcement Manager for the East Midlands.

Comment

i recived 1 letter a week or so after the tv man came round to my house after setting up payment again(even tho the 2 faced git was saying not to worry etc) saying i was due in court and i didnt after attend i emailed them staten that i was paying but my direct debit was canceld and was a mistake but it didnt do me no favours etc so then i recived a further steps letter staten i was still responsible and i owed 270 or would be in more trouble and to pay before the date then it would be squashed we came to a arangement with a rude young lad hu actually stated high peak was the only court that couldnt acept anything under ten pounds a week even tho my advisor stated we had gone threw what comes in out money wise and i didnt recive a penny as we lived of my partners 400 a month wage were we pay rent etc and 1 daughter aged 2 he didnt care so you could be right i recived nothing as far as i was concerned it was over months ago then mr bailiff turns up out the blue we a letter wanting 530 pound
          Last edited by blades1889; 14th June 2013, 20:50:PM.

Comment

Your local CAB needs to escalate this matter to someone holding senior position at the court. How much notice were you given of any court hearing? It sounds very much to me that Capita/TVL have been up to their old tricks and the Rude Boy you spoke to at the court needs a good hard kick up his backside. If your means have not been examined, you must ask for a Means Hearing. Also, there is case law confirming that where a defendant's means have not been examined, a fine cannot be imposed or enforced (R -v- South Western Magistrates, on the application of Purnell).

You are within your rights to ask Collectica to produce a copy of the actual Magistrates Court Distress Warrant. Expect them to kick off and refuse. If they do refuse, then you will need to involve the HMCTS Senior Enforcement Manager for your area. I have had dealing with this person, on behalf of another LB member, and I have to say he is very helpful.

Comment

thankyou i will do this just winds me up i pay the fine on time every week they tell me its all done no further action then 5 months later this happens i will be at the cab monday thanks again

Comment

Please be under no illusion, this matter needs to be pursued with HMCTS at senior level, not the office person who answers the phone and proceeds to feed you a heap of bovine excrement and clearly demonstrates they have a serious attitude problem and require retraining. Also, Capita/TVL need to be put under the microscope as their actions, at times, amount to Perverting the Course of Justice. Capita are also well-known for their bungling and incompetence. They are not called "The Cock-Up Kings" for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  Please be under no illusion, this matter needs to be pursued with HMCTS at senior level, not the office person who answers the phone and proceeds to feed you a heap of bovine excrement and clearly demonstrates they have a serious attitude problem and require retraining. Also, Capita/TVL need to be put under the microscope as their actions, at times, amount to Perverting the Course of Justice. Capita are also well-known for their bungling and incompetence. They are not called "The Cock-Up Kings" for nothing.
                  Crapitas self employed salesmen who masquerade as TV licence Inspectors have been known to fit up people who don't even own a TV for these fines, it is all in trapping an alleged confession during that "Doorstep Interview Under Caution" They have even managed to get people with a TV licence done for evasion. Several have been done for perverting the course of justice, one was in South Wales. I will try to find the details and post them up

Do as BB suggests escalate this

Comment

i went with your advice and rang the courts it seems the letter i recived about no further action was misinturperted by myself i thought it ment i didnt need to carry on payments etc but it ment because i was paying i wasnt being summoned etc a honest mistake on my behalf but when i asked why it took 6 months to let me no anything the said they have sent me two letters wich i can say hand on heart i recived absolute nothing or would have rang straight away all ive had is a hand posted letter from collectia the court said i owed them 200 pounds but it was passed to collectia now and theres nothing they can do about it now so basicly i have been charged 335 pound for them putting a letter through my door

Comment

Which is why you should escalate this to senior level within HMCTS. Collectica simply cannot be trusted and the HMCTS Area Senior Enforcement Manager for your area has the authority to overrule Collectica and court staff, should this be necessary. If the court has bungled, they should put matters right, not let it fester and result in them having to make good what they have caused.

Also, it does make me wonder whether the two-faced git from Capita should be pulled in by Derbyshire Police and be interviewed under caution on suspicion of Perverting the Course of Justice. A number of Capita employees are currently serving prison sentences for fabricating cases against members of the public.

Speaking as a retired police officer, my gut-feeling is that there should be a review of all cases Capita/TVL have brought before the courts and evidence examined and where it is found evidence has been fabricated, those responsible are prosecuted and jailed and Capita made to reimburse the taxpayer for the payments they have received on fraudulent grounds.

Comment

Here is a link to some Crapita TVL dishonesty and criminal acts,

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ty-pay-2379161

do as BB says in a Dalek voice "Escalate, Escalate"

Comment

the 2 faced git i was reffering to was the tv man but i dont want to put the words i feel for them on here the thing what winds me up i didnt receive 2 letters at all if i just give in and offer weekly or monthly payments could they refuse as its in my name i dnt recive a penny my partner works part time having a daughter with rent bills etc theres not much left over untill i can find somthing we struggle to get by as it is

Comment

how would i eesclate it past the woman hu awnsers the phone

Comment

ALL of Capita/TVL's cases need reviewing as a matter of urgency. The reason people are being falsely/wrongly accused of tv licence dodging is because Capita is paying a low wage and bonus payments. How stupid can you get? That provides an incentive to fabricate evidence and enable Capita to gain payments from the taxpayer they are not entitled to receive. I am wondering if a petition to have Capita investigated by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) in the light of Capita employees being convicted for fraud and Perverting the Course of Justice is worth starting on 38 Degrees or Avaaz.com? They can certainly mobilise support very quickly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X