• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Bailiff And Parking Ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW Bailiff And Parking Ticket

Hello,

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who has broken his computer

Anyway he received a letter stating that JBW are trying to recover a debt for a parking ticket, whilst they have visited his address he does not live there its a family home but he lives else where

He seems to accept it has to be paid but is not happy about the amount £650

He has been told that they have his vehicle registration which is a work van containing all his tools and that they are going to seize this (I always thought work vehicle's are exempt and they cant take this)
    as he would then be unable to work

Also he asked the bailiff for some kind payment plan, he refused and said the office wont offer one even though he never contacted the office

Also the bailiff does not appear to be registered here http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....=jbw+group+ltd

Just wondering what the best approach would be for him or letter to send to JBW

I have told him to stop talking to the bailiff and only communicate via letter, he knows something will need to be paid so wondering what would be the best letter or approach to take

Any help would be appriciated

Also friend is now considering changing the owner of the van as JBW just seem to want full payment now
    Tags: None

Re: JBW Bailiff And Parking Ticket

JBW are living up to their nickname of Jamie's Brainless Winkers (typo error). If the van is used for work, they cannot and should not seize it. They know that, but hope debtors do not. Could you post up the amount of the PCN and the fees JBW are attempting to extort from your friend, please?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      JBW are living up to their nickname of Jamie's Brainless Winkers (typo error). If the van is used for work, they cannot and should not seize it. They know that, but hope debtors do not. Could you post up the amount of the PCN and the fees JBW are attempting to extort from your friend, please?
      Hey,

Thanks for the reply

He has never actually got a letter or does not know of the fees, just a letter with the outstanding amount owed which is £656.16 saying they obtained a update from DVLA and as a result have instructed a automatic number plate recognition vehicle to attend the area (which i don't believe for 1 second)

So really he needs to get a break down of the fees, is there a template letter for this?

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPam View Post
        So really he needs to get a break down of the fees, is there a template letter for this?
        Yes.

Letter 1 here ----> link

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the reply

He has never actually got a letter or does not know of the fees, just a letter with the outstanding amount owed which is £656.16 saying they obtained a update from DVLA and as a result have instructed a automatic number plate recognition vehicle to attend the area (which i don't believe for 1 second)

Did your friend know about the PCN before JBW got involved? If not, there are procedures to have the PCN wound back and JBW kicked out of it altogether.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Yes.

Letter 1 here ----> link
            Thank You

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Did your friend know about the PCN before JBW got involved? If not, there are procedures to have the PCN wound back and JBW kicked out of it altogether.

Just spoke to him on the phone he never knew about the ticket due to the fact he was working for a company who as far as i understand do a lot work in a certain area and have an yearly business permit (or something like that) with the council which they can add around 5-10 different vehicle registrations to the account and park anywhere in that area

He thought his was on the list but apparently not, there was no ticket on the van and does not ever remember receiving any letters but this was around a year ago and whilst he does not live at this address he does get his mail but there is chance the letter could got binned with junk mail, cant see why he would not of received one otherwise

Comment

Ok just received a reply letter from them apparently its 2 parking tickets anyway here is the fees and visits

Whilst in the letter JBW told me i can check bailiff details on Certificated Bailiff Register

http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....blic.do?search

But lee Dubois does not show as registered in fact does not even appear on the register, and whilst they where told he does not live at the address they visited seems they continued to visit, but his family live there
              but are at work all day hence the 3rd column (spoke to) nobody

As for the fees charged below not sure what the max amount they are allowed to charge is

Not to sure what the next step is any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Blimey which local authority are allowing this company to charge fees like this !!!

The regulations do NOT allow for a "closing fee" of £5.00 !!

The statutory regulations provide that a bailiff may charge a maximum of three ATL (attending to levy) fees BEFORE being able to charge an "attending to remove fee". This is awful.

As you friend had not received the statutory notices from the local authority then he is legally able to file an Out of Time witness statement with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. The forms must be EMAILED to the TEC and once processed all enforcement will be put on hold for approx 6-7 weeks. The forms should be the TE7 and TE9.

If the application is accepted then the local authority may reissue a new Notice to Owner thereby giving your friend the chance of paying the PCN at the discounted rate. All bailiff fees will be removed.

Comment

Ok just received a reply letter from them apparently its 2 parking tickets anyway here is the fees and visits
                  And aren't they interesting?

As one might expect from Jamie's Brainless Wonkers, there are several discrepancies. To start with, Messrs. Carless, Campbell and Broom seem to have visited but not charged any fee at all.

The levy was alleged to have been made by Lee Dubois ("du bois" means "of the wood") on 14/03/2013 but, if he was not certificated at the time, he had no more right to do that than would the neighbours' pet moggy.

The "ATR" (Attendance To Remove) fees should not apply on the same day as an Attendance To Levy, nor should it be applied on the same visit as an actual levy.

There is no provision in any of the regulations for a "Dishonoured Payment Fee".

Not to sure what the next step is any advice would be appreciated
                  What he should do is to follow the procedure listed here ---> link

That may cancel the parking penalties completely and, even if it does not, it will (or should) stop enforcement. Even if the penalties are upheld, he will be able to pay the Local Authority directly even if that makes the unfortunate bailiffs destitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                    Blimey which local authority are allowing this company to charge fees like this !!!
                    Don't they all?

The regulations do NOT allow for a "closing fee" of £5.00 !!
                    I wondered what that was - might it have been applied by the Court or TEC?

The statutory regulations provide that a bailiff may charge a maximum of three ATL (attending to levy) fees BEFORE being able to charge an "attending to remove fee".
                    Please help me here - which regulation allows a bailiff to charge an ATR fee when no valid levy has been made?

Comment

Excellent advice from Milo and Clever Clogs here. The behaviour of JBW is appalling, and I think you should be complaining to both them and the council who are vicariously liable here.

Comment

Ok thanks for the replies been away on holiday so just got around to seeing this

The issue is as i see it, is he said he didn't receive the tickets, honestly i think he just forgot to pay it and did receive these 2 tickets so instead of filing a form for these about not receiving them

Would you think it would be best to send JBW a letter about the unregistered bailiff and also the apparent fees which are not within regulations and trying get a majority of them removed in exchange for payment

Problem is what would be the best way to word such a letter

Any ideas

Comment

Would you think it would be best to send JBW a letter about the unregistered bailiff and also the apparent fees which are not within regulations and trying get a majority of them removed in exchange for payment
                          Yes, you could try to reason with those obdurate buggers, but only after you have successfully trained a hog to sing.

You may find that the Head of Revenues or the CEO of the council are more open to reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Yes, you could try to reason with those obdurate buggers, but only after you have successfully trained a hog to sing.

You may find that the Head of Revenues or the CEO of the council are more open to reason.
                            Being as how the cuncil is wholly liable for any JBW shenanigans done in their name.

Comment

Another bump sorry

totally lost track time with this and was just reminded by a friend

now i have wrote a letter but written letters is not my best skill can you guys think of anything to add or remove just want make sure whats been stated is correct before we send it to them

################################################## ####################################

Dear sir or madam,

We have received information from JBW bailiffs about an outstanding PCN whilst we accept that the debt is owed. Due to no longer living at the family home we never received the statutory notice.

I understand that this is my fault and am willing to pay the fines in full without all the below excess fees, what I have a issue with is the way JBW have handled this matter for instance when we first heard from them we asked for payment plan due to the cost of some of there fee's, They till this day have refused to allow us to pay this debt on a payment plan.

Then we wrote to JBW asking for breakdown of all fees and charges since they have obtained the account this was eventually sent to us and we have been informed of the following issues

As you will see on the copy of the breakdown of fees they sent me on the 23/10/12 a ATL fee and ATR fee where charged on the same day

The "ATR" (Attendance To Remove) fees should not apply on the same day as an Attendance To Levy, nor should it be applied on the same visit as an actual levy.

The statutory regulations provide that a bailiff may charge a maximum of three ATL (attending to levy) fees BEFORE being able to charge an "attending to remove fee".

There is no provision in any of the regulations for a "Dishonoured Payment Fee".

Bailiff name Lee Dubois which shows he visited on 14/03/13 which stats he levied goods this is false, But charged and ATR fee and levy fee on this same day. Also visited 26/03/13 and 30/4/13 whilst all this time he not showing on the Government certificated bailiff register
                              http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....rch=Lee+Dubois

This matter could been resolved so long ago but JBW attitude towards this has been unacceptable.

Whilst I understand there’s a outstanding PCN and I am responsible for those I am happy to pay those but will not pay the excess fees that continuing to be added by JBW, And will take the matter further if need be.

################################################## ###################################
                              Last edited by PeterPam; 25th June 2013, 14:24:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X