• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

5pm removal letter arrived at 6-30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5pm removal letter arrived at 6-30

I've got 3 liability orders with Jacobs and pay them £150towards this. They have no valid levy's and have just delivered a removal by 5pm notice do i continue to pay them monthly as I have been doing . Can they lawfully charge for this letter ?
    Tags: None

Re: 5pm removal letter arrived at 6-30

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
    I've got 3 liability orders with Jacobs and pay them £150 towards this.
    Why? Do you owe the money to those buggers or to the council?

They have no valid levy's and have just delivered a removal by 5pm notice do i continue to pay them monthly as I have been doing .
    Are you happy that most of what you're paying will be deducted in fees by those parasites?

Can they lawfully charge for this letter ?
    Is a hog's penis made from knitted fog?

See the attachment and try to find a "letter fee" there. What the Jacobs jerk will claim, of course, is a fee for "attendance to remove goods", even though he had not lawfully levied on any goods and the vehicle in which he "attended" would have been completely unsuitable.
    Attached Files

Comment

i watched him come to the door he was sitting outside my next door neighbour for about 20 mins in a pale blue ford focus. then came to the door and pushed the letter through . I will start paying the council this month £80 per month at the end of the month. the council have refused to take the debt back. I'll try again after i've made a few on line payments.

Comment

If you were paying the parasite £150 per month, why do you want to pay the council only £80 per month?

Comment

because the £150 is for historic council tax and the £80 is for the curren year.

Comment

Spot on CC! It would be interesting to know what exactly he intended to remove with no levy in place. Are you able to scan a redacted version of the letter so we can see what it said?

Obviously you have to pay the current years CT. Do you have the spare money to be able to make payments towards arrears from previous years?

Comment

With an immense stretch we can mange the £80 per month from this year and the £125 for the previous three years. Although I have to say that I am using my carers allowance to pay the Ct bill and am in dispute over the amount .

Comment

As I have said before Jacobs hold 3 liability orders for cambridge City. they refuse to negociate a payment plan for the third as there is no levy in place . Apparantly this is part of the contract that they have with Cambridge city and it is on their instructions that the payment arrangemnt is being refused. Thery may be lying but I'llringthe council monday

Comment

As I have said before Jacobs hold 3 liability orders for cambridge City. they refuse to negociate a payment plan for the third as there is no levy in place . Apparantly this is part of the contract that they have with Cambridge city and it is on their instructions that the payment arrangemnt is being refused. Thery may be lying but I'llringthe council monday
                  That sounds very much like maladministration on the part of Cambridge City Council, if it is true. However, knowing Jacobs, it is likely to be them telling porkies.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Do you have a different account/reference number for each Liability Order? There is no requirement for a Bailiff to levy on goods as part of an agreement to pay in instalments as this will only increase your debt. I would give up with the Bailiffs as they are obviously being obstructive. Dump everything back in the Councils lap as they are 100% liable for the actions and charges of their contractor. Send copies of any letters you write to the Bailiffs & engage your local Councillor(s).

Comment

Thanks for that I have spoken to thecouncil and asked them to take back the debt aand they have refused . Noot denied that they can but simply refused . I will ask them about the contract tomorrow . It's intteresting to note that although the jacobs phone says this call may be recorded ., if you tell them that they are being recorded then they wont talk to you . I asked them what they had to hide and they got all stroppy with me . I'll get a brekdown of charges from the "reputable" bailiff company and then a statement of payment from the council to seee how much they have added in improper or illegal charges .

Comment

You do know you don't have to tell them you are recording the call.

Comment

:spy: lol!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for that I have spoken to thecouncil and asked them to take back the debt aand they have refused . Noot denied that they can but simply refused . I will ask them about the contract tomorrow . It's intteresting to note that although the jacobs phone says this call may be recorded ., if you tell them that they are being recorded then they wont talk to you . I asked them what they had to hide and they got all stroppy with me . I'll get a brekdown of charges from the "reputable" bailiff company and then a statement of payment from the council to seee how much they have added in improper or illegal charges .
                            You have discovered how those who are involved in illegal and/or unlawful conduct behave when confronted, Seduraed. It's a reaction I came across many times when I was in the police force. In my experience, innocent people do not object to what they are saying being recorded.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Record away and tell them squat, they may try to argue the evidence is not admissible, if used against them in a complaint but if they have acted unlawfully they are screwed anyway, the recording, or film is icing on the cake.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X