• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fuming with Pheonix Collections!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuming with Pheonix Collections!

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
    You should establish what was due in the first place. I assume you have details of all the payments you have made so you know how much in total you have paid. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
    1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
    2 - the dates they were obtained
    3 - the addresses they were for
    4 - the period of time each covers
    5 - how much each one was for
    6 - how much is still outstanding
    7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
    8 - the dates & amounts of any payments
    It for was for last years council tax bill. which was roughly £875 for the year. There would have been only the one liability order. I have paid £1404.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkle99 View Post
      It for was for last years council tax bill. which was roughly £875 for the year. There would have been only the one liability order. I have paid £1404.
      Then you have potentially overpaid £500 ish

Comment

Do you know how I go about claiming that back please?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Then you have potentially overpaid £500 ish
          I'd like to know just what the £129 described by Phoenix Collections as "Costs" is supposed to represent and if they add that to every CT account they collect.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkle99 View Post
            Do you know how I go about claiming that back please?
            You send in a Formal Complaint to the council, indicating that without a valid levy, which their agent for whom they are wholly liable jointly and severally with, did not have, you have overpaid their unlawful demands, their fees are capped at a total of £42.50 for a legitimate first and second visit, as the re was no valid levy all other fees are not legitimate so Must be refunded, or you will be taking further action which may be through the County court.

I'm sure other beagles will have suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I'd like to know just what the £129 described by Phoenix Collections as "Costs" is supposed to represent and if they add that to every CT account they collect.
              Probably the fabled enforcement, or administration fee that comes from the pages of the Hans Christian Anderson Bailiff Guide to fees, as amended by Lewis Carroll, the bailiff having gone down a rabbit hole to wonderland..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X