• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HCEO s and a walking possesion order that doesn't exsist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCEO s and a walking possesion order that doesn't exsist

Hi I was wondering if any one can help I was taken to The High Courts by SOUTHERN WATER for an unpaid waterbill of £547 but they attached some fees which brought the debt to £617 SHERFORCE visted me on 13 Feb and left a letter with my 14 year old daughter as I was at work They did not enter the property just gave her the letter and left However there are several charges One being a walking possesion order and also a levying fee These I don't understand as they didn't do anything other than the letter (which the total fee was £225) I have asked what the walking possesion fee is for but they just keep telling me to go back to court to have it answered and they will charge me more than the fee if I go to court Southern water are refusing to answer saying Sherforce do charge a high ammount but their fees are nothing to do with them Any advice would be welcome
    Tags: None

Re: HCEO s and a walking possesion order that doesn't exsist

Did you defend the original CCJ about your water?

Comment

No as the bill did exsist

Comment

Originally posted by debbiem View Post
        Hi I was wondering if any one can help I was taken to The High Courts by SOUTHERN WATER for an unpaid waterbill of £547 but they attached some fees which brought the debt to £617 SHERFORCE visted me on 13 Feb and left a letter with my 14 year old daughter as I was at work They did not enter the property just gave her the letter and left However there are several charges One being a walking possesion order and also a levying fee These I don't understand as they didn't do anything other than the letter (which the total fee was £225) I have asked what the walking possesion fee is for but they just keep telling me to go back to court to have it answered and they will charge me more than the fee if I go to court Southern water are refusing to answer saying Sherforce do charge a high ammount but their fees are nothing to do with them Any advice would be welcome

How much in total are Sherfarce asking for?, it may be that you will have to apply for a stay of execution on the HCEO, and apply for a variation order to set a payment with the court that is affordable to you. Are you in receipt of any benefits at all tax credits etc?

Does your daughter look older, as they really should not even give a letter to a minor,m what items do they claim to have seized on the walking posession?

Comment

Addendum, ploddertom has picked up on this, you are in safe hands.

Comment

I am not disputing the debt - I am confused over the fees - The total for the fees came to £1875- bringing total owed almost £2500

Comment

No as the bill did exsist
              Are you saying you did not get any of the paperwork? Was the first you knew about this when the HCEO turned up? If push comes to shove can you afford to pay the original bill off?

Comment

The baliff asked my daughter 'is your mum home?'

Comment

I tryed to pay the orginal water debt directly to SOUTHERN WATER They refused to accept it saying I had to pay Sherforce Sherforce took the payment of £700

Comment

Sherforce will not tell me what items are under the WPO nor will they give me any paperwork telling me I will have to go back to court before they will answer any queries

Comment

The baliff asked my daughter 'is your mum home?'
                      He has done nothing wrong and handing an envelope over and him withdrawing was the correct thing to do.

Comment

It is important you answer the questions posed in Post 7 as that will establish the course of action to take.

Comment

He could argue that she looked older but it is done and that is not an issue It is just these fees that are questionable

Comment

I got no paperwork but I was told by Soutern Water they are not illegally obliged to inform you of High Court action

Comment

I got no paperwork but I was told by Soutern Water they are not illegally obliged to inform you of High Court action
                              About the High Court action that is correct. I know this may sound strange to you as it is now High Court but believe me I have helped & dealt with several of these.

I am more concerned about the original CCJ at this point and must stress did you get any of the paperwork & at what point did you become aware there was a CCJ.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X