• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

7 day notice recieved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 day notice recieved

I have outstanding Ct liabilities. Two of these are being paid on a monthly basis by me at £125 per month . Jacobs have an old levy for these on a car which has been scrapped . With the third order the bailiff called and refused to take payment as I wouldn't give him access and he was unable to make a levy . THe bailiff company refuse to enter into an arrangement or accept part payment on the account . What Happens now ? My car is on finance and anyway is at the gargage being mended . The only vehicle we have is my wife's and she is disabled and a blue badge user . What should my next course of action be ? I am happy to continue paying the £125 per month until I can I appeal the council's refusal to take my mortgage into acount as abusiness expense . What Will they do next and more important what should I do next ?
    Last edited by seduraed; 3rd March 2013, 07:25:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: 7 day notice recieved

Hi Sed,

Re the 3rd LO, you do not have to deal with the bailiffs at all. As long as you can stop them gaining a levy, then eventually it will be returned to the council, and the most they will be able to charge you is £42.50 for two visits. In the meantime, you should pay as much as you can afford either online or via the automated telephone system, ideally on a weekly basis in order to build up a quick repayment history. We can then look at getting the council to take the debt back and call the bailiffs off.

If you have to leave your wife's car outside, ensure the blue badge is on display - is it your own vehicle, on HP or a motability vehicle?

Have a read of this, and come back with any further questions:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax

What is the 7 day notice to which you refer in the title?

If you try to pay the council directly, they will almost certainly tell you that you have to deal with the bailiffs - this is not true.

Comment

Quote Labman "If you have to leave your wife's car outside, ensure the blue badge is on display"

This is imperative with Jacobs, they will likely clamp any motor, they have form for random clamping with or without lawful cause. If they do clamp, take a picture of the clamped car woth the Blue badge Clearly on display, then send in a Formal|Complaint to Head of revenues and the Council CEO, the council leader and your MP, asking is it right and proper that a vehicle used by a disabled person should be clamped?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Quote Labman "If you have to leave your wife's car outside, ensure the blue badge is on display"

This is imperative with Jacobs, they will likely clamp any motor, they have form for random clamping with or without lawful cause. If they do clamp, take a picture of the clamped car woth the Blue badge Clearly on display, then send in a Formal|Complaint to Head of revenues and the Council CEO, the council leader and your MP, asking is it right and proper that a vehicle used by a disabled person should be clamped?

........ after asking to see the clamping order, as chances are there won't be one - this will then add further weight to your complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          ........ after asking to see the clamping order, as chances are there won't be one - this will then add further weight to your complaint.
          Exactly so. Jacobs are clampit and scarper merchants of the first degree, as the council is ultimately responsible for their appointed agents Jacobs, it is they on whom you vent your spleen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X