• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita Ltd(rogues?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equita Ltd(rogues?)

You may think it has been blown out of proportion and you are entitled to think what you may.

I do not think it is fine to make illegal charges and to threaten people into submission, but that's just me and a few others it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by taz1964 View Post
      You may think it has been blown out of proportion and you are entitled to think what you may.

I do not think it is fine to make illegal charges and to threaten people into submission, but that's just me and a few others it would seem.
      Indeed, and it is only my opinion. It is your absolute right to pursue every single one of these charges if you so choose. Have you acted on anything in the bailiff guide to resolve this yet though?

If you choose to pursue these issues I wish you luck. Some, such as unlawful charges MUST be resolved. Many other crimiinal offences remain, IMO, pie in the sky. I base this on fairly extensive experience of dealing with bailiff issues, but it is only my opinion. I guess only time will tell now which of us is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        Indeed, and it is only my opinion. It is your absolute right to pursue every single one of these charges if you so choose. Have you acted on anything in the bailiff guide to resolve this yet though?

If you choose to pursue these issues I wish you luck. Some, such as unlawful charges MUST be resolved. Many other crimiinal offences remain, IMO, pie in the sky. I base this on fairly extensive experience of dealing with bailiff issues, but it is only my opinion. I guess only time will tell now which of us is correct.
        TBh, all I am interested in is a fair deal. The vehicle was parked and the ticket expired=parking ticket. I have no problem with this, the money is owed, no arguement. The charges made by Equita are what I have a problem with. If SMBC said 'you owe £95' I would pay it without any further questions, all I want is a fair deal.

Comment

OK - let's get things clear here. We're talking about a parking ticket.

So far we have the following:
          Fraud by False Misrepresentation
          Blackmail
          Possible theft
          Making A False Report
          Wasteful Employment of Police
          Perverting the Course of Justice
          Breach of Data Protection Act
          Misconduct in Public Office x 2

In addition we have:

Email to Watchdog
          Email to Office for Fair Trading
          Email to Trading Standards
          Complaint to the police
          Suggestion to publicise through local press
          A suggestion Councillors conduct a review of the Parking Division

Am I the only thinking this parking offence has been blown up into something which rightly lives in cloud cuckoo land? The above just is not going to happen. Sorry!
          The list of offences, Labman, are the ones where evidence exists to substantiate them. No-one is saying, for one minute, the matter is definitely going to court, but it is something that needs to be born in mind. Believe it or not, criminal conduct is something a DJ could use to justify discharging a bailiff's certificate. And because the complainant would only need to prove the conduct on balance of probability, not beyond all reasonable doubt, it is something the bailiff needs to think about, also.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

TBh, all I am interested in is a fair deal. The vehicle was parked and the ticket expired=parking ticket. I have no problem with this, the money is owed, no arguement. The charges made by Equita are what I have a problem with. If SMBC said 'you owe £95' I would pay it without any further questions, all I want is a fair deal.
            Fair enough. The point I'm making is it can be misleading to mention all these criminal offences to you, when in reality none of these are going to be acted on. It would be far more productive to remind you that the answer is to be found in the link given in post 2. I posted in post 3 'Come back with any questions' and you haven't. I asked in post 17 if you have acted on anything in the link, but there has been no response.

I understand fully that all the talk of criminal offences will be getting you fired up very well, what it won't do is resolve your problem.

You say all you want is a fair deal. That is absolutely right and just. In order to get that, please go back and have a proper read of the link in post 2 and post 3.

Comment

Fair enough. The point I'm making is it can be misleading to mention all these criminal offences to you, when in reality none of these are going to be acted on. It would be far more productive to remind you that the answer is to be found in the link given in post 2. I posted in post 3 'Come back with any questions' and you haven't. I asked in post 17 if you have acted on anything in the link, but there has been no response.

I understand fully that all the talk of criminal offences will be getting you fired up very well, what it won't do is resolve your problem.

You say all you want is a fair deal. That is absolutely right and just. In order to get that, please go back and have a proper read of the link in post 2 and post 3.

I will read it carefully and report back when finished..............say about 27th Jan

Comment

My twopennorth for what it is worth.

From what I understand you originally got your ticket because the vehicle broke down causing you to overstay your welcome.

Whilst you wrote to the Council explaining what had happened did you enclose proof of how the problem was fixed - receipt for a new battery as an example - if it was because you ran out of fuel then this would not have been acceptable as that is an avoidable problem.

Have you made an application to the Traffic Enforcement Centre?

Whatever the rights & wrongs of the Bailiff he is acting on instructions given although he has to work within the appropriate Regulations. Just because you do not agree with the level of charges does not give you the right to complain, you have to find what it is they have done wrong & why. Most Bailiffs rely on the fact the average Joe hasn't a clue but usually gets his act together when he finds out otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post

From what I understand you originally got your ticket because the vehicle broke down causing you to overstay your welcome.

Whilst you wrote to the Council explaining what had happened did you enclose proof of how the problem was fixed - receipt for a new battery as an example - if it was because you ran out of fuel then this would not have been acceptable as that is an avoidable problem.

Whatever the rights & wrongs of the Bailiff he is acting on instructions given although he has to work within the appropriate Regulations. Just because you do not agree with the level of charges does not give you the right to complain, you have to find what it is they have done wrong & why. Most Bailiffs rely on the fact the average Joe hasn't a clue but usually gets his act together when he finds out otherwise.
                  Agreed, PT. On the occasions I have had face-to-face confrontations with certificated bailiffs, since retiring from the police force which, at the moment, can be counted on the fingers of one hand, a strange tune seems to waft from their nether regions when they realise you know what you're talking about and aren't going to swallow the crap they are spouting.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post

Which is EXACTLY what the link in post 2 advises.

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                    Agreed, PT.
                    So why not refer back to this in the first place? - It actually resolves things then.

Rant over - point made! Thanks to Turbo for supplying a link to the answer in post 2.

On an equally serious note taz, your post no 21 suggests you find the link from post 2 'User Unfriendly' - Is this the case? We are in the process of reviewing the area to do with motoring issues, and especially the variious types of Parking Tickets. Did you not realise you could look down to PCN's and just read the information there? If not, it's obviously something we need to consider, so your input here would be welcomed.

Comment

[QUOTE=labman;307180]So why not refer back to this in the first place? [QUOTE]

Wasn't quite clear, initially, whether the OP's vehicle was simply being difficult to start or had, in fact, truly broken down.

Comment

Which is EXACTLY what the link in post 2 advises.

So why not refer back to this in the first place? - It actually resolves things then.

Rant over - point made! Thanks to Turbo for supplying a link to the answer in post 2.

On an equally serious note taz, your post no 21 suggests you find the link from post 2 'User Unfriendly' - Is this the case? We are in the process of reviewing the area to do with motoring issues, and especially the variious types of Parking Tickets. Did you not realise you could look down to PCN's and just read the information there? If not, it's obviously something we need to consider, so your input here would be welcomed.
                        From my point of view, ie someone who has no or very little idea it is a little daunting with the terms used until you get in to it. The colours of text seem to confuse the page, almost like jumbled up text, no formation, a mish mash if you see what I mean.

Comment

From my point of view, ie someone who has no or very little idea it is a little daunting with the terms used until you get in to it. The colours of text seem to confuse the page, almost like jumbled up text, no formation, a mish mash if you see what I mean.
                          That's really useful - thank you. It's difficult trying to write something which pleases everyone, but any constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Thanks!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X