• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Philips bailiffs threatens to break in!! Urgent!thx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips bailiffs threatens to break in!! Urgent!thx

:santa_smiley:Hi there, I have had bailiffs attend my home today I didnt answer the door but the battered my door for a good 30 minutes easy even speaking to my neigbours! They then got fed up and posted a letter saying the are removing goods and may come back with a locksmith I am so scared as I am a single mum , alot of the stuff I have in my home is either second hand, or belongs to my ex-partner & he would go daft if they take anything of his. What I do own is not worth tuppence tbh its in no way sellable its good for us yes but no1 wants a huge toshiba tv from the early 1990s lol , a broken dvd player , its crazy! This originated from a fine at court my daughter was being bullied and as the school refused to sort it out I took her out of school as she was hysterical every morning and there followed a fine & court appearance! I was off work sick with depression when this happened and was ordered to pay £5 per week directly from my benefits, my illness got a bit better so I returned to part time self employed work, but it got worse again & I wasnt bringing in a wage as I wasnt selling any of my stock things went from bad to worse, I rang the courts to arrange payments and the lady was refusing my amount even thopugh i was only ordered to pay a fiver she now wanted £25 a week!! She refused my means when I told her I easily paid £30 a week on gas she replied I cant ALLOW you that for gas ! How does she know what I pay? I then stated I was going to seek legal advise over this & next I knew she had passed it onto PHILIPS BAILIFFS!They have been harrassing me nonstop I emailed them and offered to pay the origional £5 a week as I was back on benefits again they REFUSED this 3 times I offered installments they refused every time and were nasty on the phone. what am I to do when I have acted responsible & offered to pay them on numerous occassions I am at a loss I even explained to them in detail everything I own I dont have a car ect. they know I am, on benefits due to severe recurrent illness and my business has gone down the pan with nothing left & I have nothing of value to sell, can they take my daughters items I am worried for the mere 5 gifts I have managed to get my daughter for xmas even those are not worth much , can they take anything? please help any advise is greatly apreciated as I am sat here terrified now ! they do nothing but phone, call at my door and on one occasion followed me down the street in their van! I felt stalked and scared to go home for hours I visited a friend! I had my daughter with me she was terrified! She didnt understand what was happening, if I dont have the money they want a week then whats the point in agreeing to it ? I told them we will only end up back at square one again next week as I know I dont ever have that amount spare after bills ,food ect! Its discraceful! thx again x

Tags: None

Re: Philips bailiffs threatens to break in!! Urgent!thx

Ring the court immediately and ask to speak to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for that court and tell them you are making a formal complaint against Philips. What you have been subjected to by Philips is unacceptable. Following you down the street in a van is harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and/or the Public Order Act 1986. In no way should HMCTS be authorising or condoning this sort of behaviour. Philips cannot force entry to your home without written authorisation from the court, and neither they or the person you spoke to at the court can alter what a court has ordered you to pay. If the court ruled £5 a week from your benefits, no court staff can change that without you going back to court and the court making a Variation Order. Do not be fobbed off by court staff telling you you have to speak to Philips or that you cannot speak to the Enforcement Manager. I find that "I am to understand you are refusing to.." has a very desirable effect on unco-operative officials.

Once you have spoken to the Enforcement Manager, ask for the contact details for the HMCTS Regional Contracts Manager and lodge a formal complaint with them against Philips.

The Enforcement Manager can deal with the behaviour of Philips and sort out any aggravation you are getting from court staff. The Regional Contracts Manager is in a position to issue formal warnings to Philips' senior management to desist from such behaviour or risk losing their contract with HMCTS.

I hope this helps. Please come back onto this thread and update once you have spoken to both officials, please.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi there Thanks so much for answering my post, I went to my solicitors on tuesday & he sent me to the courts to do as you said also. NO JOY! I was fuming and in tears by the time I left the courts I told the lady about the van following me down the street ect and all she had to say was" They are not after your daughter if you pay them it would not have happened!" Then she got rather rude again & told me I broke the law its my own fault even when I explained why I received the fine she just laughed & said I doubt that very much she then told me the courts have passed the fines on to Philips and they want nothing more to do with it its not their debt anymore the courts are not interested! She also tried to tell me I was earning still when I told her I was not working anymore due to illness & hadnt done so for some time she just fobbed me off again & again. I actually eneded up in an awful state stood there looking a fool in front of everyone. The only good thing she said was they do not have the power of arrest like they had lied and said so they can only take goods from my home.
      I came home and emailed them offering £10 per week as thats all I could work out spare every week & thats only by cancelling something else! I also stated clearly that most of the goods in my home are my ex's & they will all be clearly marked as not belonging to me and on every door in my home I have put a large clear sign stating there are items not belonging to me in the room & what those items are & warning then if those items are removed theft charges will be brought against the person who removes those items, I also have put the same notice in the emails again and again clearly. I have also requested a copy of all fees attached to my account which started at only £100 this is now £588 they are saying the rest is fees can they all be legit fees so much? They have not obliged me by sending a copy, I have explained of the nasty behaviour & I ma not accepting this & have sought legal advise regarding the harrassment, & if the nasty threats & bullying continues I will contact the police & the local news papers as I informed them all my previous calls were infact recorded due to advise from Citizens Advise Bur. & any removal actions that take place in the furture will alos be fully recorded for reasons of criminal charges that most defenatly will be brought to any one taking what is not mine & it will be a charge of aggrevated theft as they are now fully aware that not all items are mine.
      They have emailed me back saying they wont accept my offer and now want A LOT more how they can go from accepting £25 per week to this I dont know but they have accepted receipt of my email so they are fully aware of the fact not all items are mine, they want more than I get per week double! They do say on here tho I can make voluntery payments which they refused before but have not told me how to make these payments but also state if I dont pay that they will still seek removal actions & add more fees, How on earth can they demand more than I get per week :/ I am at a loss and scared at the slightest knock on the door I wont leave the home if I see a van ect its unfair. Thank you greatly for your help. Helen Fill
      Here is the email:
      info@philips.org.uk
      9:59 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

Thank you for your email,

We have noted your account with the information you have provided.
      We are able to offer an arrangement on your account, please see below arrangement offers. The arrangements that we are offering are the minimum we are able to accept within the strict guidelines provided by our client West Yorkshire Magistrates
      £240 Per week

£585 Per Month

Please confirm if you would like to accept either of the above arrangements. We must advise that we require the first payment to be received by January 8th 2013. Please note if you are unable to commit to any of the above arrangements, please make voluntary payments towards your account. Unfortunately we will be unable to hold any action on your account and further recovery action will continue, a Bailiff may attend the address we hold on your account and further fees may be applied.

Alternatively, you can contact our office on 0844 800 4588.

Kind Regards

Philips

Comment

Ps. I aske dthe court official to let me speak to her manager she refused bluntly & very rudely & told me under no uncertain terms the courts do not want to know I f I had not broken the law this wouldnt be happening even when I explained that I did not break the law infact it was my daughter being bullied at school I tried to sort but maybe by the wrong means and was fined for taking her out of school & when I contested the fine the judge upheld it and said I could have treid to deal with the bullying in a more suitable manner which I accept is 50% correct but when your children are hurting you are not thinking clearly or rationally you just want to stop them hurting I did go about it the wrong way but that most certainly does not give the courts or philips the right to treat me in such a manner its not fair! If I had this money I would pay it & have it over & done with but I dont so what am I expected to do pull money from my a**s lol I am not a magician they are a joke indeed thanks again for your help x

Comment

Thanks again I really apreciate you taking the time to answer my post especially so close to christmas I am sure you have your own things to be doing

Comment

The attitude and behaviour of the court official is totally and wholly unacceptable. You need to make a formal complaint to the Court Manager, in the first instance, and HMCTS senior management, if it becomes necessary to escalate the matter. Ring the court switchboard and ask for the direct telephone number for the Area HMCTS Enforcement Manager and Regional HMCTS Contract Manager and take it from there.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X