• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I was going through a seperation and Newlyn are dealing with some PCN's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going through a seperation and Newlyn are dealing with some PCN's

Hello all, please can you help? I was engadged to my ex wife for 12 years, had 2 children, then lost a 3rd, she had a Placenta Adbrubtion, 2 more children, then we married. 9 months later she told me she didn't love me and I was suicidal. I saw a counsellor, and was not able to communicate with the wife. In that time I discovered she had moved my cousin in and is in a relationship with him. I missed my children and found it hard to see them because he was there. My eldest daughter was told I didn't want to see her and I was told she didnt want to see me. A lie. After another attempted suicide, I missed my Daughter, my mum communicated with her and I was able to see her. My car was registered at my mums address. I lived there briefly then got a bedsit. Then my eldest daughter moved in with me. I had to drive 3 miles to take her to school and to save time, I parked in my street when possible. On 3 occasions I parked my car on the double yellow lines, outside a piece of land waiting to be built upon. I was issued tickets and emailed the local authority stating it wasn't fair, sometimes it would take longer to walk to the car, lazy I know, but if it was raining I needed to keep my daughter happy, not miserable walking in the cold and rain to get to the car. I had a job getting her to school, she just wanted to be with me all the time, eventualy her attendance suffered and the Education Social Worker got involved.
    My mum always gave me my post that she was still recieving, my address wasn't secure so my car remained registared there and my post still went there. Everytime I got a letter about the Parking Tickets I ignored them, some have been binned I think. I'm still struggling with the seperation, trying to see my other children, dealing with ongoing issues with my daughter,divorce and contact orders, a residency order, working and dealing with other debts etc includeing going through a Red Light because I wasn't paying attention and a speeding camera when I was angry.(Sorry).
    We have moved out of the bedsit, the Education Social Worker helped us to get a house and we moved in in July this year. I carried on as normal. My mum called to say that I was going to have a Bailiff visit at my mums address from Newlyn. She phoned them and said shed never heard of me, we have different surnames. So they wouldnt hasstle my mum, I phoned Newlyn on Friday 14 12 12, to ask if I could make a payment plan as I couldn't afford the £1000+ they were asking for. I was given the Bailiffs number and told to ring him. I rang, told him I couldnt afford the cost and could we come to a monthly payment plan. He said if I pay the biggest debt off £485 then he would agree! I cant do that, and he told me Bailiff Action would take place.
    Well, I wish I'd just paid the ticketts in the first place, but with everything thats gone on, I just ignored it. Now I'm awaiting a visit and need advice. Where do I begin?

Sorry its longwinded, I have summarised the best I could. Please could someone help?

Thank you
    Mike
    Tags: None

Re: I was going through a seperation and Newlyn are dealing with some PCN's

First things first. Write to Newlyns and ask for a breakdown of charges. Use Letter No.1 at the following link http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Do not open the door to the bailiff, if he/she calls, do not bend to any threats they make, and hide your car if possible. If they cannot levy on anything, they are powerless. You need to find out who they are collecting for as well.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you Bluebottle, the people they are collecting for, would that be my local council?

Thanks Mike

Comment

It will be the local council(s) they are collecting the PCNs for. The red light and speeding camera fines will be court fines as local councils have no jurisdiction over such offences. These fall under the jurisdiction of the police and courts. I would find out which court(s) imposed the fines for the red light and speeding fines and then telephone the court(s) involved and ask for the direct telephone number of the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for that/those court(s). They are responsible for ensuring bailiff companies under contract to HMCTS do not behave in the way Newlyn are behaving towards you at present. As for the PCNs, I would contact the Parking Unit of the council(s) involved and ask them to confirm the relevant fines and court costs involved. Do not be fobbed off by any crap from either court staff or council staff that you have to deal with Newlyn. You do not have to deal with them and there is nothing in law that says you have to deal with them.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X