• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone !!!

Hi, Just came here looking for some help with a small problem i'm sure everyone has had before .... bailiffs ...

I'll keep it short,

2 parking tickets issued by Poole borough council, I disputed one of them but it was rejected. I was totally broke at the time and tried explaining to them but they just told me I had to pay. Charges both went up to 70.00 each then up to 135.00 ! each !!

I've now had a letter from Equita Bailiffs stating BAILIFF REMOVAL - I have called at your home today to execute a WARRANT issued by NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT.

I am authorised by the court under the enforcement of road traffic debts (certified bailiffs) regulations 1993 (amendments 2003) to remove your vehicle / household effects to satisfy your unpaid penalty charge notice due to Poole borough council.

If you fail to contact me within the next 24 hours i will have no alternative but to reattend your property AT ANY HOUR OF THE DAY OR NIGHT to impound your vehicle / remove goods.

THIS WILL RESULT IN SUBSTANTIAL EXTRA COSTS OF AT LEAST 140.00 BEING PAYABLE

To avoid any further action / bailiff costs please contact my mobile on 07823557642

R gladstone

Bailiff in charge

OK so I know about not letting him in no matter what. Do i need to hide my car ???! I live in a block of flats on the second floor and park on the street. but only in the night.

I want to pay this but to the council for the original charge. not 135.00 each thats crazy, I can barely pay my rent and electricity so cant afford that.

I'm working 13 hour days to try and make ends meet and really need some help

many many thanks

Iad
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone !!!

Equita have form for excessive fees and are under formal investigation for it. If the bailiff does not have a valid levy, he/she cannot remove goods. In order to remove, they must, first have a valid levy and give you time to pay before removing. They cannot levy and remove on the same occasion.

Could you post up -

1. Value of each PCN + court fee
    2. Bailiff fees and how much the bailiff is charging

Fees for enforcement of PCNs are regulated by the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993-2003.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Bluebottle,

1- value of pcn is 105.00 + 7.00 court fees
      2- equita is asking for 125.44

The strange thing is there are two tickets initial charge of 35.00 both went up to 70.00, but the TE3 form (order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge (parking) is only for one ticket at 112.00

hope that makes sense, also I received two (Take formal notice) letters from equita on the same date (I thought one for each ticket) but they are identical ... same date same ...

Confused .... Do you think I can get a payment plan from the council and refuse to deal with equita ??

Thanks again !
      ref number same bailiff ref'

Comment

You need to move your vehicle NOW especially if it is the same one you got the tickets with as the VRM is on the PCN,

Comment

If the £125.44 is for a PCN + Court Fee and one Letter Fee, they are spot-on which, for Equita, is a bloody miracle. They are well-known for excessive fees. If it's for bailiff fees alone, they can take a hike.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            You need to move your vehicle NOW especially if it is the same one you got the tickets with as the VRM is on the PCN,
            Ploddertom, if one now has a vehicle different to that against which PCN was issued then would it be possible for bailiffs to find out which vehicle now belongs to the debtor? Please reply asap

Comment

Originally posted by Deemi View Post
              Ploddertom, if one now has a vehicle different to that against which PCN was issued then would it be possible for bailiffs to find out which vehicle now belongs to the debtor? Please reply asap

Please don't think I'm being funny about this but I get the impression you have a problem of your own. I've noticed you have asked specific questions on a couple of threads or so and to be honest the best way is to start your own thread off and tell us as much as you can - obviously keep personal info out of it and use a general area if saying where it happened. The "enemy" do read these boards so best not to give them too much ammo.

To answer your question - yes they can find out as a simple request on a VRM can be made to DVLA as all enforcement co's have access to these details. Obviously it is easiest for them if your present vehicle is parked on the drive or outside your house. A bit different if there is a choice of a dozen or so in a communal car park. They are not adverse to sitting waiting & observing either, after all most of us are creatures of habit if going to work or coming home.

Comment

Cars been moved, Do they visit in the evening ?

I'm just e-mailing the council now, as I told them before I was unable to pay due to financial difficulties I was told that I had more time to pay. Not sure if there is anything I can write now...

I did challenge the pcn at the time and even though they rejected it I still feel the charge was extremely harsh, also how can they charge 35.00 initially and now the same charge is 112.00 ? this is parking on a free road but 10 minutes before the allowed time ... has it cost them anything ? why not just slap me with a 300.00 fine ??
                Last edited by iad77; 23rd November 2012, 20:27:PM.

Comment

Please don't think I'm being funny about this but I get the impression you have a problem of your own. I've noticed you have asked specific questions on a couple of threads or so and to be honest the best way is to start your own thread off and tell us as much as you can
                  you're right I have been trying to find out solution to my problem here and there ... at another thread posted details of the issue I have in hand about JBW because the situation of the thread creator was more or less identical to that of mine :-)

Comment

I can still view the ticket on the council website, gives me the option to view "evidence" and to pay .......... 112.00 hmmm could I pay them then tell equita to get lost ?

Comment

Originally posted by iad77 View Post
                      Cars been moved, Do they visit in the evening ? - Nothing to stop them doing a "drive by" in the early hours and making a note of your number, remember they can be very sneaky.
                      PTPT

Comment

Originally posted by iad77 View Post
                        I can still view the ticket on the council website, gives me the option to view "evidence" and to pay .......... 112.00 hmmm could I pay them then tell equita to get lost ?
                        You could but am not sure if they can continue enforcement for their fees alone.

Comment

BTW, i'm self employed and am out the house by 5am only back by 6pm .... Need my car to drive 8 miles, no buses at that time in the morning ...

Comment

You could but am not sure if they can continue enforcement for their fees alone.
                            Do you think I can get them (council) to sort out a payment plan via standing order ? or would that be easier to do with equita ?

Comment

The Council will insist you deal with the Bailiff & the Bailiff will only deal with payment in full.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X