• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN- Bailif- I was unaware of the fine because I moved houses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN- Bailif- I was unaware of the fine because I moved houses

Hello,
    I just received a letter from Excel Civil Enforcement informing me they are in possession of a Warrant of Execution issued under authority of the County Court traffic Enforcement Centre. If I don't pay the full amount (£540.39) within 7 days bailiffs will seize my goods and I would be liable for further costs.

This is regarding a Penalty Charge Notice for a contravention dated 17/11/2010. I had no knowledge of this fine and received no previous correspondence. I did, however, moved houses two weeks after this fine was issued. I separated from my partner then and we both moved out of the property. My ex-partner remembers seeing the fine on the car but with all that was happening he forgot to tell me or deal with it.

I read the sticky post advising about filling a statutory declaration, out of time. I will call on Monday to obtain the form. My question is, they probably sent all the correspondence to my earlier address. I think I didn't change my address with DVLA. I sold that car a few months after, can't remember exactly when. Will i be responsible for that, because I didn't change the address? If they could send me this letter to my current address, why didn't they track me down before? The fine is normally £70 not £540! Will I have to pay the full amount? Should I state on the Statutory declaration that I moved?

Also, My ex-partner tells me the car was parked in a resident permit area. I'm not sure, but I think I had a permit, maybe it was just not on display.

Could you please give me some advise on the best way to proceed?

Thank you in advance!

Sandra
    Tags: None

Re: PCN- Bailif- I was unaware of the fine because I moved houses

You have already answered your own questions. Ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre on Monday and explain you knew nothing of the PCN until the Bailiff turned up, you have moved twice since that time. They should send you some forms to fill in by email and if you return then before 4pm & they are accepted then any enforcement action should be put on hold. If your explanation is accepted the Council - because of the age of the ticket - may scrap it or issue a new one which you can pay at the original price.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X