• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

problems with equita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with equita

i have been paying equita £181 PER MONTH it then went up to £400 for the last two months the bailiff called today demanding £750 to clear one debt i can not afford £750 has i bring home £835 i just about pay £400 if i carry on paying £400 a month i will finish paying before the end of the finical year which i seems accepteable to me the bailiff has said if i dont pay £750 they will remove my goods please help me thank you
    Tags: None

Re: problems with equita

Have a read of this:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax

Send Letter 1 from the link below to the bailiffs, and Letter 4 to the Head of Revenues at your local council:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Comment

Do they have a levy on your goods? If so can you tell us what they have seized exactly as described on the Notice of Seizure they have left you? Do you also know how many Liability Orders they have?

Comment

hi they have no levy on my goods and its for 2 orders £200 left to pay on one and this years if i carry on paying £400 per month my last payment will be paid end of feb 2013

Comment

Originally posted by sjohnson99 View Post
          hi they have no levy on my goods and its for 2 orders £200 left to pay on one and this years if i carry on paying £400 per month my last payment will be paid end of feb 2013
          If that's the case then it would be interesting to see how they are going to remove your goods, I assume of course you will not allow them entry. Sounds to me as if they have done their usual by levying on the latest Ford Phantom which sits on your street. Get the letter off for the breakdown soonest.

Comment

Phone the council and ask:

1. How many Liability Orders they have against you?
            2. The dates they were obtained?
            3. The addresses they were for?
            4. The period of time each covers?
            5. How much each one was for?
            6. How much is still outstanding?
            7. The dates they were passed on for enforcement?

Comment

I HAVE JUST CHECKED ON THE Certificated Bailiff Register and his name does not appear

Comment

Originally posted by sjohnson99 View Post
                I HAVE JUST CHECKED ON THE Certificated Bailiff Register and his name does not appear
                OK - this is not uncommon. Follow the rest of the advice there now re phoning the number given for the MoJ, then the Certificating County Court. If you still draw a blank, please post up again.

Comment

Equita is subject to an OFT Category F Debt Collection Licence and is not exactly compliant with OFT regulations relating to debt collection, especially where fees are concerned. Could you please provide the information Labman has asked for in his post (Post #6) and we can then see if a formal complaint to OFT Credit Fitness Team is required and if you have been fleeced by Equita.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

i have asked equita for a breakdown and phoned moj they said they will get back to me thank you

Comment

Problems with equita

My Council Tax debt (circa £1,100 - my own carelessness due to various work and domestic pressures) was passed to Equita by an unforgiving Council earlier this year. An agreement was reached with Equita to pay over nine months and I am pleased to say that I kept fastidiously to the arrangement and the arrears have now been settled in full. They rate amongst the most aggressive and inefficient organisations I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. During the process of me repaying diligently on time I was receiving, in fact until the very end, threatening and distressing letters, threats of visits from bailiffs etc etc. It has been little short of a nightmare at various stages. Their staff are totally unhelpful and uncouth. I find it unacceptable that credible local authorities can even entertain using spivs such as these. They have some very mischievous and misleading antics. Their accounting systems are antiquated - I did manage to actual elicit those words from one of their staff when I caught them off balance one day several months ago. The situation unbelievably is that they owe me a refund of an overpayment to them and I cannot obtain it. The local authority has been most unhelpful. It is now with my local MP! There needs to be some concerted action taken against this company. It needs genuine people to come forward and voice their complaints as a group!

Comment

Re: Problems with equita

Originally posted by Champion View Post
                        My Council Tax debt (circa £1,100 - my own carelessness due to various work and domestic pressures) was passed to Equita by an unforgiving Council earlier this year. An agreement was reached with Equita to pay over nine months and I am pleased to say that I kept fastidiously to the arrangement and the arrears have now been settled in full. They rate amongst the most aggressive and inefficient organisations I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. During the process of me repaying diligently on time I was receiving, in fact until the very end, threatening and distressing letters, threats of visits from bailiffs etc etc. It has been little short of a nightmare at various stages. Their staff are totally unhelpful and uncouth. I find it unacceptable that credible local authorities can even entertain using spivs such as these. They have some very mischievous and misleading antics. Their accounting systems are antiquated - I did manage to actual elicit those words from one of their staff when I caught them off balance one day several months ago. The situation unbelievably is that they owe me a refund of an overpayment to them and I cannot obtain it. The local authority has been most unhelpful. It is now with my local MP! There needs to be some concerted action taken against this company. It needs genuine people to come forward and voice their complaints as a group!
                        Start a new thread off http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...newthread&f=76 & if you can explain some more we'' see if we can help or put you in the right direction.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X