• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NEWLYNS - ADVICE NEEDED. Urgent.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWLYNS - ADVICE NEEDED. Urgent.

due to a parking fine, i didnt recieve all correspondance, my royal mail postman was also a friend tampered with my post. now im in the ****... threatening me, council dont want know who and what do i write to?? Newlyns threatening take my car...
    Tags: None

Re: NEWLYNS - ADVICE NEEDED. Urgent.

OK, the first thing to do is try to calm down. This can be resolved. With regards to the parking fine have a read of the following and come back with any questions:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

With regard to the postman tampering with your mail, whether a friend or not, this is a serious offence and should be reported certainly to his employers and possibly to the police.

Comment

This matter should be reported to Royal Mail Investigation Section and the police immediately. Tampering with Mail is a serious matter as Labman correctly states. You will also need to contact Northampton TEC first thing tomorrow morning and explain what has happened. Check out the link Labman has provided. This will guide you as to what Northampton TEC may do. You also need to write a formal letter to the LA involved and Newlyns explaining what has happened.

Make sure you obtain a Crime Reference from the police and equivalent from Royal Mail Investigation Section to quote in any correspondence with the LA and Newlyns.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I wrote to royal mail. He still works there an was moved to a different round. Royal mail have completely ignored my issues. i contacted Northampton cc, was told i could could do an application to court to get looked into, although i cant remember what its called. weeks later court said i was unable to intervene action. i told them why. medway council arent interested, they too were told everything. im on dla, i have blue badge. i cant afford it. medway council instructed newlyns to pursue it an go for my money but i told them i dont have any. Newlyns bailiffs now say they are going to take my car. they are threatening me to make me pay up but i just dont have any money im so stressed. They hand delivered a letter today. i really dont know what to do? anyone know any legal stuff? i need my car. i suffer joint dislocations. surely there must be something i can do. i found details of RM chief exec today. so i sent her a long email. heard nothing..

Comment

Is your car provided under the Motability scheme? If so, Newlyns cannot take it as it is third-party property. If they try to take it, those involved will be committing Theft and be liable to arrest and possible prosecution. Newlyns and its management would also be liable if any attempt was made to sell a third-party vehicle. Medway Council would be 100% vicariously-liable for Newlyn's actions.

You certainly need to report this to the police if Royal Mail won't take it seriously.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

If not on the Motability Scheme or if you don't have a Road Fund Licence that is provided that lists the taxation class may I suggest you leave both your Blue Badge & Clock clearly on display on the dashboard.

Comment

There is something strange here. You say you filed all the stuff, the council didn't want to know and Medway instructed the bailiffs to go ahead. This is incorrect process. If the Local Authority / Council reject your application, it should be referred to the TEC for an impartial decision. Did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                There is something strange here. You say you filed all the stuff, the council didn't want to know and Medway instructed the bailiffs to go ahead. This is incorrect process. If the Local Authority / Council reject your application, it should be referred to the TEC for an impartial decision. Did this happen?
                i applied for out of time appeal an it got turned down. spoke to complaints at council. bottom line is they dont believe that i didnt get the letters...

Comment

no dont think i got an impartial decision at all . no

Comment

It's in the link, but this is what should have happened:

If accepted, the application will be treated as ‘in time’ and the Court registration will be revoked. The matter is then referred back to the Local Authority who will decide on their next action. If rejected, the application will be referred to a Court Officer at the TEC for an impartial decision to be made.

As you can clearly see, if the LA rejected it, the application should have been referred back to a court officer at the TEC for an impartial decision. Are you saying this definitely did not happen in your case?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      It's in the link, but this is what should have happened:

If accepted, the application will be treated as ‘in time’ and the Court registration will be revoked. The matter is then referred back to the Local Authority who will decide on their next action. If rejected, the application will be referred to a Court Officer at the TEC for an impartial decision to be made.

As you can clearly see, if the LA rejected it, the application should have been referred back to a court officer at the TEC for an impartial decision. Are you saying this definitely did not happen in your case?
                      bailiff threatened me today... im in a vulnerable position. can he do this? wreckons hes gonna turn up tomorrow. after i asked him for fill written evidence of times an visits to justofy the payments an charges. he told me to get a pen to write it down. i said no i wanted it on officoal headed paper recorded through his office.

Comment

For fees breakdown, send Letter 1 from here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

Have you reported the Royal Mail issue as advised earlier?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X