• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent advice needed re marstons distress warrant

Ok, just to recap on the main points of this thread.. and get us back on track.

With all due respect to all posters here, the majority of us agree that the OP should contact the HMCTS Enforcement Manager of his local court with regards to the charges his son has received.
    Also, it would be very much appreciated if the OP would consider signing BB's petition against bully boy bailiffs, which he will find on Bluebottles signature at the bottom of his posts.
    I suggest that the letter Happy has posted is used as I know all posters on here are excellent in their chosen fields, and if Bluebottle's research finds DavyB is correct, I will personally promise to PM Davy and acknowledge his superior knowledge.

May I also ask, with again the very greatest of respect, that the discussion on the CAG problem is finished via private messages? Posters are looking to us for answers to their problems, not internal disputes guys.
    Thanks
    P

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
      I suggest that the letter Happy has posted is used as I know all posters on here are excellent in their chosen fields, and if Bluebottle's research finds DavyB is correct, I will personally promise to PM Davy and acknowledge his superior knowledge.
      ... and if Davyb is wrong, by thinking defendants are liable to pay the bailiffs fees on unpaid court fines - then what?

Do I get a PM to acknowledge my superior knowledge too?

To save the emabrassement of those who have advised defendants over the years, they are liable for fees, then I'll settle for a Blue Peter badge and Davy and pepsie "im an Oxford law student" & TT "I work for a debt advice company who shall remain nameless" etc can keep their red faces.

The answer the OP has been looking is there for all to see. Section 76 of the Mags courts Act 1980.
      Last edited by Happy Contrails; 21st September 2012, 23:37:PM.

Comment

if you want one.

I will gladly PM you and say yes you were right, if we can concerntrate on the OPs problem and sort it for them.

Comment

His problem is already sorted, in the same way hundreds of others have had their identical problem sorted. Challenge the fees using the template letter.

Comment

so.. the argument is over?
            if he needs more info there will be no more bickering and we will simply discuss his problem.. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE.... I'll make the tea!!! I might even remember the choccy biccies!!

ALL of you are incredibly intelligent, the things you lot all know took the last 747 over my head, and I respect you all truly I do.
            By in-thread fighting we are driving the OP away and I know this is the last thing any of us want to do.

Comment

I quite agree.

Lets see what HMCTS came up with, and if I am wrong, at least I can update DWBco.uk with the new informaton.

There was no need for davyb/pepsie to rebuke my advice in this way without showing any evidence to the contrary, and then start a flame war.

Comment

great!

Either way, I learn something new to help people

and Happy.....
                As promised :tea:

Comment

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
                  Ok, just to recap on the main points of this thread.. and get us back on track.

With all due respect to all posters here, the majority of us agree that the OP should contact the HMCTS Enforcement Manager of his local court with regards to the charges his son has received.
                  Also, it would be very much appreciated if the OP would consider signing BB's petition against bully boy bailiffs, which he will find on Bluebottles signature at the bottom of his posts.

May I also ask, with again the very greatest of respect, that the discussion on the CAG problem is finished via private messages? Posters are looking to us for answers to their problems, not internal disputes guys.
                  Thanks
                  P
                  Puff please read the OP's post and tell me where I have made any comment on it? then ask yourself why HC should choose this OP's plight to start a flame war by dragging irrelevences to the identity of davyb when his own history shows him to paranoid at creating alias's.

Post #25 has no right to be here on LB and I would ask the site team to consider removing it....if HC thinks he has a problem with me then he will have to live with it

Pepsie

Comment

I must admit that I agree with Pepsie on that point.

The arguement is about a completely different site and tbh has no bearing on LB. Happy please don't take this comment the wrong way, but I think the quickest and most mature answer is for me to ask an admin in the morning to remove post 25, and to say agree to disagree on the identity thing from now on.

The way to move forward from this is to await news about the findings of our dear BB, and then note it in confidence for future reference, no matter the outcome.

Hope you all understand that I am not taking sides on this matter, or pointing the finger at anyone, just trying to steer this thread back on course which I hope we can remain on from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                      Okay. ANY form of dodgy behaviour, including violence, on the part of certificated bailiffs enforcing on behalf of HMCTS should be reported to the police, if criminal behaviour is involved, AND reported to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for the area in which a fine debtor resides. In fact, ANY dodgy behaviour involving certificated bailiffs under contract to HMCTS should be reported to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for the area in which the fine debtor resides.
                      Ty BB.

Comment

Going by what the OP has said in the initial post in this thread, this needs to be reported to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager for the area in which they reside. Marstons are well out of order. If they have not gained entry and/or seized any goods, their grounds for imposing charges are very shaky indeed.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

BB, any news on your findings with HMCTS.

Is there an obligation on defendants to pay bailiffs fees on unpaid court fines?, if so, what legislation provides it?

We need to advice the OP whether or not he has a liability for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Contrails View Post
                            I quite agree.

Lets see what HMCTS came up with, and if I am wrong, at least I can update DWBco.uk with the new informaton.

There was no need for davyb/pepsie to rebuke my advice in this way without showing any evidence to the contrary, and then start a flame war.
                            HC I ask you do the same as I did Puff...then show me where I have even commented on the OP's post let alone 'rebuked' your advice ?

Pepaie

Comment

After speaking to HMCTS yesterday and conducting some further research, I can find no legislation that definitely states that bailiff companies can charge fees for enforcing unpaid court fines or what those fees are. Unlike CT and PCNs where fees are enshrined in law, I can find no equivalent for the enforcement of unpaid court fines. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, Marstons are treading on very dangerous ground legally in demanding the payment of fees, no matter what claims they may make to the contrary.
                              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                                After speaking to HMCTS yesterday and conducting some further research, I can find no legislation that definitely states that bailiff companies can charge fees for enforcing unpaid court fines or what those fees are. Unlike CT and PCNs where fees are enshrined in law, I can find no equivalent for the enforcement of unpaid court fines. .
                                Thank you BB for clearing that up.

Originally posted by puffrose
                                I must admit that I agree with Pepsie on that point.
                                I wont comment on that, but you now owe me tea and biccies - and that PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X