• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Had no forms sent to fill in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had no forms sent to fill in...

Hi, just looking for some advice before I pay this debt please,

I received a letter in March this year from Lewisham council issuing me with a PCN for parking in a 'No Loading at Any Time' (I don't recall seeing any visable signs but yes I had stopped my car) on area on double yellow lines, I have no dispute on this accusation.
    The reason however for me stopping there was to pick up my mother and sister, I stopped in order for them to get in my car and pulled off, I guess this is why the photo evidence of my vehicle commiting the offense shows me stationary for a whole 4 seconds.
    I got in touch by phone to the council to dispute the matter and I was advised to do so in writing, which I did and then I never heard of the matter again and considered it to be dealt with. I was wrong, I soon received a letter explaining the matter was now being taken to Northampton County court, so again I filed a complaint by some kind of 'witness statement'
    I then received a letter from the court stating I'd filed the wrong dispute and needed to fill out a form especially by the court (that was never sent).
    Shortly after this I fell extremely ill, and by extremely I mean I was in emergency surgery for 8 hours having over a third of my large intestines removed after they ruptured and my wife was informed that I had been put into critical care and the next 72hrs would see if I would pull through or not, as you can tell thank god all went well and I am alive.
    I came home from hospital to find a letter from a company called 'Confero Collections' (they don't waste any time do they) instructing me they are the court appointed bailliffs and I needed to pay £215.44 within 7 days of receiving the letter, only I was in hospital and the letter was dated 9th August.
    Do I have any legs left to stand on or have I been taken to the cleaners while all this happend?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated with may thanks,

Tony
    Tags: None

Re: Had no forms sent to fill in...

you can appeal to the courts and contact northampton traffic headoffice whom issue these warrants to fill in a form saying you did not receive the letter, u also have to swear under oath stating that,

Comment

It sounds very much that LB of Lewisham have not followed proper procedures. In view of the circumstances involving your emergency admission to hospital and major surgery, I feel you need to speak to a legal professional at your local Law Centre or Community Legal Service office, if you are on a limited income, or a high street solicitor, with a view to them writing to LB of Lewisham regarding their failure to follow proper procedures and instructing of Confero Collections. Routing something like this through a legal professional is likely to be taken more seriously than if you try to explain to LB of Lewisham yourself. Try and get an appointment with a legal professional asap.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi,

This explains quite clearly what you need to do now:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X