• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter for attending police officers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter for attending police officers!

Just saying I am not sure how helpful a letter in my case would have been. I told the police officer I had taken advice saying she was not allowed to charge me for work not done but all he seemed to care about was the fact that she had this distress wArrant. I have also heard that police are not allowed to get involved. He even said so himself! Two things the police officer did to hep the bailiff in my case. 1. Radio the station to see if there were any cars registered to my address. 2. Put pressure on my boyfriend to pay up by stating she was going to charge an extra £300 for the van. Sorry to go on but this is making me sick. anywY back to the letter. While I was waiting for the police the bailiff stated to me that the police do not know bailiff law. the police officer on arrival said something like she has more powers of entry than he does. a letter may help but some thing tells me that they are always going to stick together...

Comment

Originally posted by scooter lady View Post
      Just saying I am not sure how helpful a letter in my case would have been. I told the police officer I had taken advice saying she was not allowed to charge me for work not done but all he seemed to care about was the fact that she had this distress wArrant. I have also heard that police are not allowed to get involved. He even said so himself! Two things the police officer did to hep the bailiff in my case. 1. Radio the station to see if there were any cars registered to my address. 2. Put pressure on my boyfriend to pay up by stating she was going to charge an extra £300 for the van. Sorry to go on but this is making me sick. anywY back to the letter. While I was waiting for the police the bailiff stated to me that the police do not know bailiff law. the police officer on arrival said something like she has more powers of entry than he does. a letter may help but some thing tells me that they are always going to stick together...
      Scooter Lady,

Unfortunately, what the bailiff said about police officers not knowing bailiff law is true - and they play on this. Make a formal complaint against the police officer to their chief constable. Don't even bother to go through the Duty Officer/Superintendent/District Commander hoops. Have the IPCC as back-up if your local force seem reluctant to act or drag their heels.

Bill,

I can understand your despair about my suggestion, but the Enhanced CRB disclosure is intended to protect the public and the vulnerable in our society. Police officers, fire-fighters, paramedics and health and care workers and cabbies, like yourself, all have to have an Enhanced CRB disclosure. Certificated Bailiffs are dealing with vulnerable people and should be subject to Enhanced CRB disclosure. When I told one of my local ward councillors that the majority of certificated bailiffs were not CRB-checked, his face went white as a sheet. When I added that local authorities are 100% vicariously-liable for the actions of these muppets, he looked visibly-shaken. The answer lies in making it clear to our elected representatives, both at local and national levels, that they are our servants, not our masters, and they do as we ask them to, not what vested interests in the City of London, CBI and assorted right-wing nutter groups ask and advocate.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Scooter Lady,

Unfortunately, what the bailiff said about police officers not knowing bailiff law is true - and they play on this. Make a formal complaint against the police officer to their chief constable. Don't even bother to go through the Duty Officer/Superintendent/District Commander hoops. Have the IPCC as back-up if your local force seem reluctant to act or drag their heels.

Bill,

I can understand your despair about my suggestion, but the Enhanced CRB disclosure is intended to protect the public and the vulnerable in our society. Police officers, fire-fighters, paramedics and health and care workers and cabbies, like yourself, all have to have an Enhanced CRB disclosure. Certificated Bailiffs are dealing with vulnerable people and should be subject to Enhanced CRB disclosure. When I told one of my local ward councillors that the majority of certificated bailiffs were not CRB-checked, his face went white as a sheet. When I added that local authorities are 100% vicariously-liable for the actions of these muppets, he looked visibly-shaken. The answer lies in making it clear to our elected representatives, both at local and national levels, that they are our servants, not our masters, and they do as we ask them to, not what vested interests in the City of London, CBI and assorted right-wing nutter groups ask and advocate.
        Could this be used against the Bailff?
        Ask the attending officer if the Bailiffs has shown their enhanced CRB disclosure as the officer maybe allowing a convicted criminal into the house and if anything is stolen or someone vunerable is hurt then that would make them an accessory.
        I dont suggest telling the officer how to suck eggs more getting them to think carefully before siding with the Bailiffs.

Btw. an anagram of BAILIFFS is: FIBS FAIL :amen:

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
          Btw. an anagram of BAILIFFS is: FIBS FAIL :amen:
          That made me laugh. Thanks x

Comment

The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) screen individuals for anything that might make them unsuitable to be employed in certain types of employment.

The police have direct access to the Criminal Records Office (CRO), which has nothing to do with the CRB, and this tells them of any convictions an individual has against them, active and spent, on the spot. So, if say, for example, a police officer does a CRO check on a Mr I M A Scrote, certificated bailiff, and it comes back that Mr Scrote has form for criminal dishonesty and/or offences involving violence, a police officer is going to be wary.

Unfortunately, you cannot be provided with data from the CRO as it is subject to the Official Secrets Acts as well as the Data Protection Act. A certificated scrote, sorry, bailiff is under no obligation to show either you or the police any CRB check that may have been carried out on him. The reality is that the majority of certificated bailiffs have not been CRB-checked, even to Standard Disclosure level.

The police officer who provided the scrote with details of ownership of vehicles has committed a serious breach of police conduct regulations. They are not permitted to do that. I would definitely highlight that in any complaint to the police.

Comment

I posted this on another site earlier this evening.

The bailiff's right of entry is very restricted. A simple notice by each entrance to the premises stating "No bailiffs" denies him access to the property, should he wish to ignore it then he is guilty of Trespass and can be forcibly removed although he should be given the chance to so on his own behalf. A no lesser figure than Lord Scarman has ruled this to be a right of an individual. The notice can even deny the Police access for which they must obey.

I don't doubt for one moment the Bailiff will ignore or laugh at the notice but seeing as they are not the brightest people then that would be hardly surprising, most bailiffs are unaware that their powers of entry are very poor.

Comment

Well, that would be a good start I think, Tom. Thank you, sir. A simple enough job to download and print a couple of A4 sized "NO BAILIFFS" notices, slide them into poly-pockets (or even clear plastic bags), then pin or stick them to the front and rear doors. It may make a bailiff think twice if we can also print the 'provenance' for this, and the consequences of ignorance. Can you help with that ? Even a bailiff might have some grudging respect for Lord Scarman !!!

Comment

The original post I made was to help someone out for a pub - thus the thought of a notice at each entrance, for the home a similar notice should maybe be posted at the entrances to the property - front & rear.

Comment

Unfortunately the case involving Lord Scarman is not listed, just the suggestion he made.

Comment

"No Bailiffs" notices for the use of, guys. Simply download, print and laminate as necessary.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cheers BB - that looks sufficiently imposing !!!
                        Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                        Unfortunately the case involving Lord Scarman is not listed, just the suggestion he made.
                        If we can quote his Lordship, that would give the notice some credence, methinks. We need stuff that has an instant effect on both brain cells !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                          Cheers BB - that looks sufficiently imposing !!!If we can quote his Lordship, that would give the notice some credence, methinks. We need stuff that has an instant effect on both brain cells !!!
                          What do you mean, "Both brain cells"? It's a well-known fact that certificated bailiffs only have one brain cell between them. And, even then, they have difficulty working out whether it's their turn to have the brain cell. Lol!

Comment

My apologies. I was being unduly kind !!!

Comment

I posted something that can already be found on this website so wont be repetitive....
                              Last edited by scooter lady; 1st August 2012, 05:13:AM.

Comment

same as above.
                                Last edited by scooter lady; 1st August 2012, 05:13:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X