• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputed attendance notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disputed attendance notice

Originally posted by Wellygirl View Post
    Thank you I was worried that they would keep coming just to keep getting an attendance fee off us, I don't have written confirmation from philips that the original fines are paid in full but one fine was paid by a cheque that cashed from our account last Monday and the other fine was paid ten days ago by an Internet transfer directly into their account. Since the payments were made we have received no correspondence in the post off them demanding the original fines only emails demanding the attendance fee. So to clarify if they call again at the house, because the original court fines and philips fees are paid, they cannot continue to charge £215? Is that correct?
    The rules governing fines are such that the cost of recovery is incorporated into the fine(s). As Labman says, once you've paid the fines into court, the court pays the bailiffs. If they want their fees, they have to apply to the court. They cannot charge you anything. Any demand for fees from the bailiffs is illegal, i.e. Fraud by False Misrepresentation (Section 2(1), Fraud Act 2006). Any threats made by the bailiffs in respect of their fees and they are at immediate risk of arrest for Attempted Fraud and/or Attempted Blackmail.

If they do turn up, give them one warning that if they do not leave immediately, the police will be called. If they still persist, call the police.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for your help feel a bit better now, I did however pay the monies to philips not the original magistrates court but that shouldn't matter should it? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellygirl View Post
        Thanks for your help feel a bit better now, I did however pay the monies to philips not the original magistrates court but that shouldn't matter should it? Thanks again.

No, as Labman said - the fines are paid to the court first, then the bailiffs are paid.- Stop worrying and have a good nights sleep. Trust me, Labman knows what he's talking about.

Comment

Thank you so much to everyone.

Comment

Morning Wellygirl et al!

I missed a lot last night as I actually went to bed early which is unheard of for me.

I hope you got some sleep. Do you know what I'd do today if you can?
            Treat yourself to a nice day out somewhere.

You know they can't force entry, and you obviously don't want to be in if they come (bet they won't). Sadly the mindset of these idiots is to take every available opportunity to bully and terrorise the client. They really are dispicable.

A day out might take your mind off things, and you won't then have to face anything. It's not giving into them, it's looking after number one - YOU!

Whether or not you go out, don't spend the day worrying, that's what they want. They are probably miles away with their families, and I can assure you, they won't be sparing you a second thought.

Remember, the fine is paid and they can't break in. You're not going to let them in, so there's nothing to be fussed about. Try to relax and have a Happy Easter!

Comment

Yes we are going to go out in a bit just trying to decide where is best in the pouring rain with kids!!! Thanks so much for your advice, I just feel so frustrated that these people seem to be able to do pretty much what they like and get away with it, I cannot believe that there is no requirement for them to keep copies of things like attendance notices at £215 a time. I can't think of another industry that could operate in such a way and get away with it!! Anyway thanks again for your help, have a good Easter.

Comment

I hope you and your family have a nice day today Wellygirl and yes i agree that it is wrong that they can charge £215 but if you feel that it is wrong than complain(i am sure that some senior members can guide you more about who to and where) about it and complain in as many places as you can. If i know i am right than i would not give in and would fight till the end and the more everyone is gonna complain the more actions can be taken against these thugs so dont sit back and write to whoever you can.

Comment

As you predicted no call today I am going to forward the threatening emails to the police as bluebottle said. They cannot be allowed to get away with things like this. Thank you again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X