• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons TV Licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marstons TV Licence

Originally posted by Dzeko10 View Post
    Hi

Yes the payment was made from the card they sent me, and I got a receipt for it and all seemed fine until I got a letter saying thanks but no thanks lol, and that it would be deducted from the Bailiffs total but it hasnt, the amount is still £390 even though the original fine was £35 plus costs which was £105 in total and I have paid about £40 in total on the card.
    So, has any of the money you've been paid been taken off what you owe at all?

The reason I bring this up, is because they can't refuse your payments.

Just like with Council fines, if you have the relevant council bank details, you can pay stuff directly too them and there is not a thing they can do about it.

Unless someone else advises otherwise, i'd be inclined to ignore TV Licencing and keep paying on the card.

They've accepted your money, they haven't paid it back, certainly if it was to goto court, you can prove you've been paying it, a court would not be sympathetic to an organisation that was in fact receiving payments going to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X