• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Sheriff's are Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sheriff's are Coming

A new daytime series following high court enforcement officers as they strive to recover money owed to members of the public .

Started this morning 11.00am on BBC1.Also available on iPlayer.

On daily (apart from tomorrow due to the Queen's speech to Parliament).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dy6ct

CJ
    Tags: None

Re: The Sheriff's are Coming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ing_Episode_1/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

The title of this series is totally misleading it is following one HCEO company only namely the Sherriffs Office and is blatantly being used on its website for advertising.

The programmes intimidate that these people are officers of the High Court as apposed to working for a private company enforcing Fi Fa's

These programmes are on the BBC so are being made with License Fees ie yours and mine money. What a joke paying for them to advertise their abilility to srew us.

One bit of humor however, they visit a very big Siemens Fujitsu factory to retreive £149.000 (fees included in that would be a laugh) they leave 1hour later having got no further than reception looking very pleased with himself informing us he had a WPO and seazed everything in the premises. An inventory from reception to cover £149.000 in 60 mins now thats efficiency!

Comment

[quote=Malookoo;255251]The title of this series is totally misleading it is following one HCEO company only namely the Sherriffs Office and is blatantly being used on its website for advertising.

The programmes intimidate that these people are officers of the High Court as apposed to working for a private company enforcing Fi Fa's

These programmes are on the BBC so are being made with License Fees ie yours and mine money. What a joke paying for them to advertise their abilility to srew us.

One bit of humor however, they visit a very big Siemens Fujitsu factory to retreive £149.000 (fees included in that would be a laugh) they leave 1hour later having got no further than reception looking very pleased with himself informing us he had a WPO and seazed everything in the premises. An inventory from reception to cover £149.000 in 60 mins now thats efficiency![/quot

They are indeed employed by a private company, however, that private company is usually owned/partnered by High Court Enforcement Officer(s), HCEO's are individuals who having met the criteria are appointed by the Lord Chancellor to execute writs issued by the High Court he has responsibility for.

Every writ leaving the High Court is assigned to an individual HCEO and they are ordered by the High Court to carry out duties assigned to them...they do not have the option to say 'no thanks I don't fancy doing that one'..

It is only after this we start to descend down the chain of command. The assigned indivual HCEO is permitted to employ as many people needed throughout the Country to work within the districts the HCEO is 'licenced' to carry out enforcement, but if things go wrong during the enforcement the assigned individual HCEO is sitting at his/her desk hundreds of miles away from the action then they are the one held to be responsible and answerable to any complaints made against them to the very same court that technically employs them.

Although I could not be classed as being a fan of HCEO's and that I spend god knows how many hours a day helping people to ascertain if, having been visited by them they have infact been treated correctly and in accordance to the Rules and Regs and the fees they have been charged are those deemed to be 'allowed', I must say I have found the way in which the Sheriffs Office have behaved on camera to be by the book and very fair and they are not misleading anyone who knows how the system works.

The questions are of course..... can they claim to being as fair and correct off camera...there is evidence that suggest they cannot...are we going to see how they calculate their fees to be lawful?

Pepsie
        Last edited by pepsie; 26th March 2012, 13:47:PM.

Comment

Pepsie I am well aware of how the writ arrives with the HCEO's I am also well aware that the HCEO at the Sherriffs Office is a director of same and here we diverge. We not so much descend down a change of command but more into a cesspit these people inhabit.

As for being 'by the book and very fair' does nobody notice the amounts people are owed and the actual amounts debtors are asked for at the first visit? A WPO all goods seazed, no inventory, Rules & Regs? How many people veiwing these programes know how the system works, very very few including our esteemed Police! I also doubt there has been any indication that the fees charged have complied with those allowed, something the BBC should have found out before airing what I consider to be another shoddy bit of work (not the first featuring the SO) and free advertising at mine and other License Fee payers expense. Perhaps you should visit their website you may like to enter the compatition for an Ipad based on these progames!

Comment

I don't enter competitions as the evidence to my having any success in winning is overshadowed by the fact I cannot be seen to be the luckiest of people, hence my need to be on LB.

I am however familiar with the Sheriffs website as I signed to receive their newsletters, some of the articles they have produced have been very useful in my meagre efforts to advise others to the rights and wrongs of enforcement.

As to the programme you find offensive then all I can say is give consideration to the making of it... I speak from experience on this having spent 8 hrs of filming in regard to another High Court Enforcement Company for the end result to have been cut to 5mins to get the points across.

Pepsie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X