• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Philips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips

Hi,yeah I'm pretty certain that didn't happen,otherwise I would of contacted the courts payment tribunal and brought my payments up to date.I got two letters in a week(when I only had £10 left to pay and thought after I made final payment,which I actually made the day after waiting first letter)and those letters were exactly the same,informing me that a bailiff warrant had been issued,confirming receipt of payment I had made the previous week,and it had been taken off my fine,but that they could no longest accept payment unless made through Philips.yet even so they STILL accepted the next payment I made on their payment card,ignoring request to deal with Philips.they didn't tell me my payment wasn't accepted,or tell me it was returned to me,AND it wasn't,and not once did they warm me of their intention to pass it on to bailiff.how can they tell me to pay through Philips,yet still take money paid on the payall card?.I intend to call and confirm account is totally cleared with court,then ask them if THEY can tell me what correspondence they sent to me AND when,then if there is no mention of letter of notice of further action or proof of it,I will call court manager and tell him they didn't follow correct procedures(will use letter template from another previous thread you have advise ON)and make sure I record the call.SO I will see what I'm told tomorrow. Thank-you everyone for being so kind,helpful and understanding of my total ignorance in these matters.my phones small screen is straining my eyes now,so I'm off to sleep.until tomorrow,goodnight,regards,Nikki.

Comment

Hi Labman,I called the courts tribunal today,and this is what I found out,
      when original FPN was issued payment was due on 9th of november 2011.I emailed them for two weeks asking for more time to pay,after getting no answer I called them and set up a payment plan,1st payment due on 21/11/11,but inbetween those dates a NOTICE OF FURTHER ACTION, was sent out,(which never arrived)but as payment plan was then showing on the system,further action was cancelled,and my 1st payment made on time. My account fell into default by just over a week,and that was when they passed it to PHILIPS. They said the court doesnt have to issue more than one NOTICE OF FURTHER ACTION even though the first became null and void,which is why I had no idea that warrant was issued on 21/02/12,same day I made the due payment for that date.I asked why they didnt send back my payments,as it said in the letter about debt in bailiffs hands,and to only pay PHILIPS why they didnt return the payments,so I could pay bailiffs direct. i was told that was an old rule,and they now continue to take payments,but philips will chase debt,which of course is fully paid,as confirmed by them this morning over the phone.They tell me nothing undue occured,and refuse to take back warrant,and if I wish,by all means complain to court manager,but it still stands.They of course were unable to tell me if the debt to Philips was now a civil matter!!!!no surprise there. So now I am left wondering,do I avoid Philips for 12 months,when warrant will be taken back as uninforced,or see if I am one of the very few unlucky ones that they actually come to and force entry,(which I doubt due to look of my building its obvious nobody with money lives there,all property belongs to landlord,I own nothing of value,and they cant take work tools,or basic living essentials)I cant afford legal advice,so I really dont know what to do.I would like to thank everyone for being so kind and helpful,regards Nikki

Comment

Firstly ask for confirmation from the courts that the fine has been paid. Email confirmation is fine, as long as you can show it to the bailiffs.

I'll come back on later and we'll throw a couple of things at them to see how good their knowledge of the law is. With a notice to say the fine is paid, they have to go back to the court for a warrant to force entry, and there is no way on this earth that would be granted, so please do not worry.

Comment

Hi Labman,you are a star!!! just got off phone with CAB,your right they can no longer force entry as court has been paid,and its on their system as paid,and they have notified philips that its paid.So as far as philips are concerned,cant force entry,can get stuffed,warrant will expire after 12 months,it will go to a county court,which is civil,so basically,there's not much they can do.The woman a CAB took awhile,so I presume she had to verify a few things,but now suddenly it doesnt sound as worrying,as the court has been paid,which was akk the warrant was enforceable for....
          I really hope this thread has helped someone else with a similar problem,and put their minds at ease.Of course the sensible thing would be to pay philips....but I didnt agree to them buying my debt,I paid it...why should they get paid for sod all.Great site,great advice,many,many thanks,regards Nikki

Comment

Oi - you're not finished! Why not stick around and share some of what you've learnt with others and be there to reassure them. It would be brilliant to see you keep coming back and posting.

Whatever you decide, I am really pleased for you:

BRILLIANT RESULT!!!!!

Well done for fighting them!!!

Comment

Hi Labman,just Like Arnie,i Will Be Back.i'm Not Always At My Pc,but Do My Best On My Phone,anyone I Can Help,i Would Be Happy To.regards,nikki

Comment

Originally posted by nikkijr1 View Post
                Hi Labman,just Like Arnie,i Will Be Back.i'm Not Always At My Pc,but Do My Best On My Phone,anyone I Can Help,i Would Be Happy To.regards,nikki
                Hi nikki i am glad that this is over for you and you are not as worried about it as the court has received the full fine and that is why i gave u the link to my thread as well as my stand is that i have paid the full fine and i never even contacted the bailiffs and just emailed the court and till now i have not received a single letter or visit from marston so i am 99% sure that they wouldnt waste there time with me and hope to see you in these forums somewhere

Comment

Labman,its been A pleasure,AND I am so pleased for you too.score one for the little guys!!!! Take care and will see you soon here,Nikki

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X