• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help needed

Hi guys im sorry if this is a similar thread to others but i have never been on a forum before this is my problem

When i moved from one borough to another i owed concil tax i was told it would be transfered to my new house a year later i got a letter from rossendales saying i owed 297 to the concil i had the discustion with the concil and was informed i should never have been told it could be transfered out of the borrough i was visited by a bailiff from rossendales and i told him what i could afford to pay he told me it wasnt good enough an gave me proof of earnings forms i filled these in and sent them back after a couple of weeks i heard nothing so started to pay rossendales online i have been doing this for 3 moths today i came home to a bailiff note through my door saying i now owed 565 pounds and that if i did not pay it they would take my car i rang the bailiff and asked him explain this and he told me if i was not ringing to pay he would end the call which he did i spoke to the office who told me to ring the bailiff he now will not answer his phone even though the office have apparently sent his a message also basically what i need to now is

* Can i move my car off my drive?
    * Can he take my car tommorow without speaking to me again?
    * And can i dispute the charges he's put on today for me not being at home??

If anyones online help asap would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: urgent help needed

Hi ,

Firstly has he levied distress on your car .
    When you have spoken to him did you allow him into your home .

If he has not levied on any goods which is what the typical Rossenthieves attempt to pretend then move your car away from your home.

Then stop paying anything to them and contact the council direct.

Do not phone the Bailiff IF HIS LIPS MOVE HE IS TELLING A LIE. I am sure more will be on later with other things you can do but do not pay anything to them.

WHATEVER happens do not let them in your home and keep your car away from the house.Keep doors and windows locked .

Hope this helps .
    And above all do not panic if they have not gained peaceful entry to your property they can not get in .

Comment

am i allowed to move my car away? he has put a walking possession throught the letter box i have only spoken to him over the phone but they have previously been into my home?!? the council have said they cant deal with it now its been passed on?

Comment

Originally posted by mell324 View Post
        am i allowed to move my car away? he has put a walking possession throught the letter box i have only spoken to him over the phone but they have previously been into my home?!? the council have said they cant deal with it now its been passed on?
        It is your car you can do whatever you like with it .You own it .Move it as far as you can .

Comment

Ok so I have moved my car (across the city lol) What do i tell this guy IF/when he rings tommorow is he going to put more charges on if he comes back to the house and i am at work again?? i feel sick with all this do i pay him or not i now i must have dealt with this the complete wrong way and am guilty of berrying my head in the sand (we'll call it young and stupid)

Comment

Originally posted by mell324 View Post
            Ok so I have moved my car (across the city lol) What do i tell this guy IF/when he rings tommorow is he going to put more charges on if he comes back to the house and i am at work again?? i feel sick with all this do i pay him or not i now i must have dealt with this the complete wrong way and am guilty of berrying my head in the sand (we'll call it young and stupid)
            Youre earlier post has been commented on by someone who knows a bit more than me .the council have not followed procedure so I would check that and follow the instructions there.I am but a minnow on this site and can only offer guidance from experience
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Help required QUICKLY please - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
            Last edited by wahoo_thomas; 23rd January 2012, 19:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

As usual you will need to start at the begining and gather your evidence to making a formal complaint to the LA concerned.

With pen at the ready ring the Council and get answers to the following:

How many Liability Orders have been issued
              What dates do they cover (you may have been charged for a period you did not live at the house
              How much is outstanding on each LO
              What dates the LO's were passed to the Rossendales.
              What address was used to issue notice to the arrears.

You also need to write to Rossendales (send by email followed by hard copy recorded/signed for mail)

"From:
              My Name
              My Address
              To:
              Acme bailiff Co
              Bailiff House
              Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
              a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
              b - the reason for the fee.
              c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
              d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificated
              e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.
              I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Others have confirmed you are not legally obliged to deal with the Bailiff and the suggestion you pay the Council online is the best way forward in the interim period, please do come back when you have the above info and we can look to see if you have been taken as a mug with charges plucked out of thin air.

Pepsie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X