• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fine Paid but Equita asking for payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Fine Paid but Equita asking for payment

I got home today to find a letter from Equita. They say I have to pay £70.44 plus £11.20 . The only information as to what this was for was the reference to my local council.

I rang them and eventually spoke to someone. Having waited and waited on all options that were relevant I finally picked the "make a payment" option.. Guess what I got through to someone within seconds.

I asked the gentleman what this amount was for, He advised it was for an unpaid parking fine from March this year and that they had a court order to collect.

I explained the fine was paid. There was initially an issue when the council wrote to me to say the 50% discount no longer applied as I had not paid. I had sent a cheque and I know alot of organisations would say "yeah, that's what they all say", but I wrote back to them adivsing them a cheque had been sent, along with details of when and the cheque number and enclosing a further cheque for the original amount.

That cheque was cashed and I heard nothing else. I therefore as the Equita gentleman to provide me with details of how a £25 fine was now £70.44 and details of the court order as I had not received anything from either the council or the courts on this .

Equita told me they did not have to provide any information and I had to go to the council. Is this correct. How do I know the amount Equita are trying to collect is correct or legitimate.

What is the procedure. Is it down to Equita or do I have to do all the chasing and go to the council.

Any advice please

Jeepers
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Fine Paid but Equita asking for payment

Have a read of this:

Parking Fine Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X