• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

imaginary congestion zone fine leading to bailiff removing car without warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imaginary congestion zone fine leading to bailiff removing car without warning

Hello everybody!

I was slightly comforted to discover this forum, as I see that we are not the only ones suffering from unlawful treatment in what is claimed to be a state of law.

In our case, my husband's car was clamped 2 weeks ago by a JBW bailiff. They claimed that there was an unpaid old congestion zone ticket. As my husband contacted them and promised to pay if they can provide evidence of this ticket (of which he has absolutely no knowledge or memory), they released his car.

So he was waiting for the letter from JBW to arrive. On the 12th, his car disappeared. He called the police to report the car as stolen, and was then informed that it had been seized by JBW.

On the 13th he received a letter from JBW, printed on the 12th, warning him that a bailiff would come and seize goods from his property in Paddington, as he had an outstanding debt of 550£. So the warning came after they had already taken his car. Upon calling them, JBW refused to release any further information, but now already asked for 1030£ for the car to be released.

Our solicitor has so far not managed to achieve anything, as the responsible bailiff refuses to answer his phone, and the JBW center says only the responsible bailiff can talk about the case. As a result, the fees for releasing the car are rising and rising, my husband is inhibited from going to work, and we feel utterly helpless.

Who might be able to help?
    Thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: imaginary congestion zone fine leading to bailiff removing car without warning

please, can anybody give advice on what to do? we need the car, and we cannot pay over 1000£ (by now certainly much more) for an imaginary fine! please help...

Comment

Re: imaginary congestion zone fine leading to bailiff removing car without warning

I think you need to contact the people who administer the congestion charge.
      Do you have any details as to when the car was allegedly caught in the congestion zone?

As an aside, is your solicitor rubbish cos surely they would have done the legwork on this one(I genuinely want to know, btw)?
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      If is it London then here is where you can contact them directly

Congestion Charging - Contact us Transport for London
      Last edited by leclerc; 15th December 2011, 13:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

You really need to deal with TFL on this one. Are you absolutely certain your husband didn't stray into the congestion charging zone? Given that his property is in Paddington?

Is there a possibility that your cars number plate has been cloned?

But this would still mean that charging notices would/should have been sent to the registered keepers address.

Ask to see the photographic proof of the vehicle entering the zone, this may help you piece together events.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X