• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

so called visit by the bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so called visit by the bailiff

Simon,
    Phone the court and ask if the initial fine included enforcement fees as they often do with a Magistrates' Court.

If they didn't, ask the court if a sum was negotiated with the bailiffs for enforcement and how much this was. Also ask the amount of the fine when it was passed over to the bailiffs.

See if it gets you any further, it may not, but it's worth a couple of calls.
    Last edited by labman; 7th December 2011, 10:03:AM.

Comment

called the court and all they said is that the outstanding fine was £135 and that was passed over to the bailiffs and the fees they charge are up to them nothing to do with the court so take it up with them, im not disputing the fees in disputing being charged for something iv never had but they dont seem to wanna answer all they keep saying is the bailiff did come , so seems to me the bottom line is im lying and there telling the truth... i did get another email saying that if i wanted to take legal advice then to go ahead but there fees are right, yet still they dont get what im saying to them and sent one back saying im not disputing the fees but im not paying for something iv not had... were else would you do that !!!! bloody hell are these ppl stupid x

Comment

Originally posted by simon52 View Post
        called the court and all they said is that the outstanding fine was £135 and that was passed over to the bailiffs and the fees they charge are up to them nothing to do with the court so take it up with them, im not disputing the fees in disputing being charged for something iv never had but they dont seem to wanna answer all they keep saying is the bailiff did come , so seems to me the bottom line is im lying and there telling the truth... i did get another email saying that if i wanted to take legal advice then to go ahead but there fees are right, yet still they dont get what im saying to them and sent one back saying im not disputing the fees but im not paying for something iv not had... were else would you do that !!!! bloody hell are these ppl stupid x
        No.

They are merely bloody-minded, self righteous and terminally obstinate.

They also appear to have their own understanding of the concept of veracity, which differs significantly from that of most other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs James View Post
          Well, I think they are extortionate, but when Philips tried to charge me £200 for a visit they didn't make, I rang the court to check if the fee was even legal, the court told me that Philips could indeed charge that amount.
          In other words, the moth:censored:ers are licensed to twist out of people as much as they think they can get away with.

And that, curiously, is said to represent justice.

Comment

Originally posted by simon52 View Post
            hi and thank you all for you posts, the court says i owe £135 now outstanding on the fine, but phillips say the full outstanding money to them is now £410 as the bailiff called at my house on the 15th november at 16.42 and that if we were not in that a letter would have been put through the door they said the bailiff was agent 659, and he called once
            As there is no trace of someone with that name on the Ministry of Justice database of Certificated Bailiffs, you require the bailiff's name rather than some reference number given him/her by Phillips.

Comment

Apologies if I've missed this scanning through the thread, but who are the bailiffs?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                Apologies if I've missed this scanning through the thread, but who are the bailiffs?
                Phillips

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X