• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phillips who are they???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillips who are they???

Hi not sure if im pm ing the right person or persons!! also not used to this sort of thing, I have a property left for 2 years or so due to personal problems and have returned to a very sturn letter from a company called PHILLIPS saying that an arrest warrant has been issued against me and I dont know why? They state I will be arrested and held out of hours and the letter seams all off line and computer made? they state I must pay £1335.84 immediateltly to stop my arrest!
    It also has conflicting words by saying notice of warrant and we are in possension of a warrent..... Help im obviously worried, who are they and acting on behalf of?? THanks Paul
    Tags: None

Re: Phillips who are they???

Phillips are a bailiff company. These threatograms are designed to scare you into paying without asking questions. Have you any idea of what the outstanding debt may be for, i.e council tax, or a parking fine?

To put your mind at rest, arrest warrants can only be issued for magistrate court fines and in some cases non-payment of council tax, although this is very rare.

I suggest you write to Phillips, or email them. DO NOT speak to them on the phone and do not contact the named bailiff direct. Keep everything in writing. In the meantime, keep all doors and windows loked and if they do turn up don't let them into your house under any circumstances.

Also, have a read of Amy's bailiff guide, here Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and also it would probably be well worth while sending the SAR here Bailiff - SAR - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum as they will no doubt, whatever the debt is for, have added on loads of chrges which is how they make their money, and most of which are probably illegal.

Post back here with any more questions.
    Last edited by WendyB; 26th September 2011, 18:55:PM.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Phillips who are they???

Paul doesn't have a scanner to send it to me, so he's going to type it out verbatim.

xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X