• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help Needed Please!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed Please!!!

Hi Guys, im quite a newbie, but wondering if you could help me URGENTLY!!!!

In mid May i received a letter from Excel, regarding:- me failing to send reg doc to DVLA.

Theres so many things wrong with this - i dont know where to start. Basically a friend bought our van in November 2010, and we sent off to say we had sold it on. Thats it. End of. Untill i had this letter.

I meant to phone the courts and complain but dickhead here forgot!!

So, i had another letter posted through the door today (a removal notice) saying i have untill Saturday to pay or Bailiffs will be round to seize my goods.

They want £485, and i only have £132 in my bank.

Please could someone help me asap - im really in a pickle.

Thank you all.

x x x
    Dukeydogg
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent Help Needed Please!!!

Is it similar to this thread? dvla and meaning of requistion/summons - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

You'll have to excuse me - im not very word smart.

I think its similar.

Im just really, really scared. My Fiance thinks we should just pay it, but i feel we havent done anything wrong...........

Im fed up of being bullied

I KNOW we posted that reg document, but we have no proof - its so frustrating........
      Dukeydogg

Comment

Ok, well that's fine then. There is no statutory requirement that states you must prove delivery to DVLA or that you must chase to confirm its safe receipt.

Comment

Ok, so thats good news then (i think).

So what do you suggest i do from here?

Sorry to be a pain, but it frightened the hell out of me when i came home from work.
          Dukeydogg

Comment

I know it's frightening and horrible, but that's how they want you to feel.

Has anyone ever called at your house and have you ever let the bailiff in?

Comment

Somebody came around today and posted a removal notice as we were both in work.

Prior to this i have only received the initial letter saying the debt had been passed to them.
              Dukeydogg

Comment

Did you actually receive any particulars of claim from the court prior to this letter?

You really should check with the court to see if this actually has been through the courts and is legit.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

The DVLA are attempting to pass this off as a criminal offence, therefore, there will not be any particulars of claim.

If the bailiff has not been permitted peaceful entry to your house, you are fine, but you do need to write to DVLA and ask what this is all about and what authority they have to do this.

Comment

No, nothing, just the 2 letters.

The 1st saying:- that they have been instructed by HMCS to enforce a distress warrant.

The 2nd (hand written and hand delivered) was a removal notice.

I dont know what to do. The friend we sold the van to, hasnt mentioned anything - he still has it.

I just dont understand - and am petrified things will get out of control.
                    Dukeydogg

Comment

So basically the DVLA is trying to act as Police, Judge and Jury all by themselves on this - Thats bloody outrageous.
                      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Dukey, honestly they are trying it on.

If it will make you feel better to pay it then that is up to you, I can only provide you with the facts, what you decide to do with the information is up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                          The DVLA are attempting to pass this off as a criminal offence, therefore, there will not be any particulars of claim.

If the bailiff has not been permitted peaceful entry to your house, you are fine, but you do need to write to DVLA and ask what this is all about and what authority they have to do this.
                          How do i know if they have been permitted peacefull entry?

They have only given us untill Saturday to pay everything, do i have time to write a letter?

Also im not very good with letters, is there a template i can use? Or any ideas i can put in the letter?
                          Dukeydogg

Comment

Goodness me calm down, click this link Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

And im so sorry to nag!!
                              Dukeydogg

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X